Style > Beauty

The Self Care Products You Need to Reward Yourself With After Week One

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Congrats on finishing your first week back at school post-spring break! We know that getting back into the grind of things after some days off is tough, which is why I have compiled a list of few top beauty and self-care products that you should treat yourself to for completing your first week of class. Enjoy! 

1. Bali Body Face Tan Water 

This tanning facial water gives you a gradual glow so that you won’t lose that natural tan you worked hard on over spring break. Giving you a subtle, yet dewy glow, this water will rehydrate, plump, and make your skin pop. The best part about it? The ingredients work to clear your skin while tanning it-hello best of both worlds! 

2. Dr. Jart+ Sheet Masks 

Pamper your skin a little more over the weekend with these various sheet masks. Dr. Jart+ products are currently killing the skin care game and you don’t want to miss out on their amazing masks. Choose from masks that rehydrate, reduce pores, brighten, or sooth your skin-all for $6-$9 dollars! 

3. The Sephora Collection Hair Sleeping Mask 

If you are treating your skin to a mask, why not your hair too? We often forget that our hair needs just as much attention, replenishing, and rehydration as our skin, especially after a tiring first week back at school. These masks are good for every type of hair and work as a defense to frizz, repairs damage, and protects any coloring. You are also supposed to sleep in these hair masks, meaning that while you are catching up on some much-needed z’s, your hair will be getting the love it deserves. 

4. Vital Proteins Collagen Beauty Glow 

Now that we have taken care of the outer self-care, we must address the inner self-care. This collagen powder that can be mixed into any tea, latte, or water supports healthy hair, skin, and nails while also rehydrating the body and aiding gut health. 

5. Voluspa Candles 

Last but not least, a scent of your choice to calm your mind after your first week of classes. Voluspa is probably my favorite brand when it comes to candles because not only do they have a large range of scents that are unique and amazing, but they also tend to burn slow and last ages. True self-care cannot be complete without a relaxing smell to accompany it. Little tip—a personal favorite is French Cade Lavender! 

Avrelle Harrington

Washington '22

Hi! I'm Avrelle and I am a freshman at the University of Washington. I am currently studying Communications here at UW but I am interested in doing journalism. I love to write, travel, ski, do yoga, and run!