Seattle’s Best Brunch Spots

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Mastering the art of brunch has been something I have perfected over the past few years. Brunch is the perfect combination of balance, sweet and savory foods, and a perfect way to enjoy a lazy morning (or afternoon). With the large variety of brunch options in the Seattle area, it’s safe to say we’re spoiled for choice. Seattle’s brunch locations serve excellent food and drink, and a large variety of dining experiences that are undoubtedly perfect for that in-between meal. Here’s my curated list of brunch spots you must visit near the Seattle area! 

1. Leon Coffee House

Leon Coffee House is located in the heart of Seattle’s University District and is otherworldly in terms of coffee, drinks, food, and ambiance. Out of their very large and meticulously curated drink menu, I’ve tried the Horchata Latte and their iced chai, which were both delicious and included adorable latte art. Leon Coffee House also boasts a variety of food options that can readily satisfy any food cravings. Pastries, sandwiches, granola, tamales, waffles, you name it, they have it! One thing that really sets apart Leon Coffee House from other cafés is its ambiance. The space is filled with beautiful details, paintings, neon signs, and flexible seating options. Whether you’re here to work or meet up with friends, Leon Coffee House is the place for you.

2. Portage Bay Café

With four locations across the city, Portage Bay Café is a very well-known brunch spot in Seattle. With their locally sourced, organic, and sustainable menu, you can indulge in a variety of food and drink that are fresh and delicious. I usually gravitate towards their pancakes and french toast (which are always delicious), but their variety of bowls, sandwiches, and grains are bound to satisfy any brunch craving. My favorite part of the experience was their self-serve breakfast bar that includes fresh fruits, whipped cream, and organic syrups. 

3. Café on the Ave

Café on the Ave always lives in the hearts of UW students as one of the best brunch and study spots near campus. Café on the Ave truly has it all: high-quality food, drinks, and study spaces. Their brunch menu is extensive and consists of items that can satisfy all cravings, from pastries to sandwiches, to pancakes, and their lunch and dinner menus are sizable and meticulously curated. The staff is always friendly and the service is amazing. If you’re looking for a spot near the UW with long open hours, be sure to visit Café on the Ave.

4. Mr. West Café Bar

Located in the heart of University Village, Mr. West Cafe Bar is a trendy neighborhood café and bar perfectly tied together in a comfortable, aesthetically pleasing environment. They do tend to get busy on mornings, especially during weekends, but if you’re ever at University Village, definitely plan an early brunch at Mr. West! Their selection of brunch items is delicious, including toasts, salads, sweets, and sandwiches, and their drink menu boasts a variety of teas, coffees, and house sodas that are definitely worth a try. 

5. Oddfellows Café + Bar

Located a bit farther in the heart of Capitol Hill, Oddfellows Café + Bar is a rustic, charming bistro with a variety of brunch options. If you have the patience to put your name on the waitlist and roam the streets of Capitol Hill until your table is ready, Oddfellows is the place for you. Their avocado toast is absolutely delicious, and their selection of salads, breakfast items, and baked goods is flavorful and decadent. It’s a perfect environment for a semi-fancy meal with friends and family and will keep you coming back. 

As I write this, I’ve planned another brunch outing near Ballard, and am extremely excited to dig into the broad and contemporary fusion of brunches available to me in the Emerald City. I hope these brunch spots in Seattle have garnered your attention and might influence you to explore new places in town. Happy brunching! 

Trushaa Ramanan

Washington '25

Trushaa is currently a sophomore at the University of Washington studying Informatics. She enjoys designing, listening to music, binge watching Netflix shows, and redecorating. She aspires to work as a UX designer and make technology more accessible and impactful for everyone.