The Perfect Beginner’s Guide to Country Music Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

I am wholeheartedly in love with music. As a piano, guitar, and ukulele player, music is a huge part of my life and when I say I literally love and listen to all types of music – I really mean it. However, country was always the genre I could never get into for some reason (I blame it on my parents’ hatred of the genre). But, just recently I created a country playlist on Spotify that I have been listening to non-stop. If you’re trying to learn to love country or just simply want to mix up the genres you listen to this playlist is the transition into loving country music!

“Look What God Gave Her’ – Thomas Rhett

• So catchy and Thomas Rhett is bae. I’ve seriously been listening to this song on repeat for the past two weeks and I’m not planning on stopping anytime soon.

“Somebody Like You” – Keith Urban

• Keith was always the judge on American Idol that I didn’t vibe with because I didn’t listen to his music and I seriously regret it because this song is straight fire.

“Speechless” – Dan and Shay

• Arguably a basic country song of today, but it’s such a good one. Give the acoustic version a listen too – it will leave you… speechless hehe.

“Like I Loved You” – Brett Young

• This song is sure to get you in your feels and can I just say that when Brett performs this live it’s quite magical.

“Love Ain’t” – Eli Young Band

• A great song to belt out to in the car. Speaking from experience here.

“I Want Crazy” – Hunter Hayes

• Borderline pop but come on, Hunter Hayes is just beautiful and this song is so catchy.

“Friday Night” – Eric Paslay

• A perfect summer love song that makes you want to go on an adventure with that special someone on a Friday night

If you’re looking for even more country songs to listen to, give my country playlist a listen! (Appropriately named “yee haw.”)

Abby Vincent

Washington '21

Current sophomore studying Communications and Sales at the University of Washington. Enjoys writing, travel, music, doggos, and eating too much food in one sitting. Follow her socials!- Instagram & Twitter: _abbyvincent_