My Three Biggest Predictions For Ginny and Georgia Season Two

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

The wait is finally over—after nearly two years of checking news headlines and refreshing the behind-the-scenes Instagram page, it was announced on December 1st that us Ginny & Georgia fans can expect a continuation of our favorite Miller mother-daughter duo in season two on Netflix on January 5th. Season one of the Netflix original was released on February 24th, 2021, and it almost instantly captured millions of viewers across the world and premiered at the top slot in TV shows for several weeks in a row. Needless to say, for us “peaches” fan base, it’s been a long time coming. 

As a little bit of a recap (don’t read ahead if you somehow haven’t already watched it), Ginny, our teenage protagonist some may actually feel better rooting against, finds herself in a predicament when it finally slips that she’s been having a secret fling with Marcus, the mysterious heartthrob next door, who, oh yeah, happens to be her best friend Maxine’s twin brother. Oh, and right, this also comes at the expense of Hunter, her goodie two-shoes boyfriend. If that typical high school drama wasn’t enough, episode 10 also reveals the ultimate cliffhanger: Ginny’s inside investigating of her mother Georgia eventually leads her to shockingly discover that it’s likely that she killed her ex-husband Kenny, explained by the poisonous Wolfsbane flower growing in her garden and Kenny’s rather perfect health at the time of his untimely heart attack, which prompted their sudden move to utopian Massachusetts. After a poser private investigator confronts Ginny about her mother’s dark past, Ginny dismisses him, but knows that the best option is for her to follow her mom and “keep running,” and hence, the last scene is her driving off on Marcus’s motorcycle with her 8-year-old brother Austin into the darkness. It’s a bit dramatic, but it makes for good TV. 

With such an agonizing wait that continued months past planned and relatively few cues about what’s to come next, we’ve all had plenty of time to hypothesize about what happens to all of our loveable Wellsbury characters this time around. As one of my favorite TV shows to have a firm grip on my college existence, here are my three main predictions for Ginny & Georgia season two. 

Brianne Howey, who plays Georgia Miller on Ginny & Georgia, was one of many of the show’s stars to post the first pictures of season two on December 1st.

1. Georgia and Paul will not get married. 

We were left in episode 9 and 10 of the first season with Paul Randolph, the do-it-all mayor of Wellsbury, proposing to Georgia after a less than three-month stint as his re-election campaign assistant, prompting some viewers to suspect that this is Georgia’s latest attempt to “end up on top” in a world unfit for women to succeed. However, as much as I’ll admit Paul is a good guy who I don’t think has any bad intentions, I don’t see the two office sweethearts tying the knot. For one, Georgia still possesses an undying love for Ginny’s dad Zion, who loves to drop in to shoot a cupid arrow at the most inconvenient times for everyone, and Joe, the sweet and charming owner of the town’s beloved Blue Farm restaurant who’s had a crush on Georgia since they were fifteen. You can’t tell me that Georgia’s reoccurring flashbacks with both of them are going to be dissolved of any romantic meaning just yet. Also, let’s be real—this show will probably go on for at least four seasons with its level of popularity, so can we really be sure that the writers will tie down the unruly Georgia and her undeniable Southern charm this early on?

2. The “MANG” friend group won’t be the same again—at least for a while. 

Ginny’s mistake of sneaking around with Marcus of course had unintended consequences on her newfound friend group—while Maxine was originally upset at Ginny for keeping the secret from her about the fling with her twin brother for so long, she then turns on her childhood best friend Abby, already stricken with the difficulty of her parent’s divorce, when Ginny, yet again, slips up and reveals that Abby knew and kept it from Maxine. The dramatic scene splits the “MANG” group in three pieces, as Maxine and Norah leave as the only duo. The strongest link that Ginny had to the original “MAN” group was through Maxine, and, considering the harsh truths that Maxine spit out in the confrontation, Ginny will have to go through extreme measures to earn back and keep her trust, and, I must be honest, I’m not sure Ginny has the emotional capacity for that. Additionally, the whole interchange left an already struggling Abby alone, and while I think it’ll be easier for her old friends to accept her back into their groove, I suspect that there will be an uncomfortable animosity between A and G for at least the rest of the season. In other words, it might be time for them all to foster some new (healthier) relationships.

As our first sneak peak of season two, we see the immediate aftermath of Ginny and Austin running away in the last scene of season one: Georgia discovers that Ginny knows the truth about Georgia’s relationship end with Kenny, and she’s a mixture of emotions–guilt, shock, sadness, and anger.

3. Austin’s’ Dad, Gil, will be back in town to wreak havoc—and Georgia will shut him down. 

In season one, we get a little bit of a background that Georgia’s son and Ginny’s half-brother, Austin, is raised single-handedly by his mom, after his Dad, Gil, is serving in prison for fraud and embezzlement—but let’s not forget that a high Georgia slyly mentions to Ellen that she framed him in the first episode. Multiple reports have published that Gil will actually be present in season two rather than mentioned in passing, and I predict that he’ll be in the picture to do more harm than good, especially if Georgia’s masterminding really did get him locked up for several years. Although Gil is a probable threat to Georgia’s façade of a livelihood she’s created in Wellsbury, we know from Georgia’s narrations that she’ll do anything for her kids—even if that means breaking the law in more ways than one. We can probably guess that she incriminated Gil for a reason back in the day, and she’ll have no problem doing it again. All in all, whether it’s by a superstitious ex-baby daddy, a stuck-up PTA mom, or a private investigator, we all know that nobody’s going to get in Georgia’s way—she’s got it handled, and it’ll be nothing short of entertaining to see how she pulls it off in just a few short weeks. 

Hailey Hummel

Washington '23

Hailey was the previous President of HCUW and graduated from the University of Washington in 2023 with a BA in Public Health-Global Health (with departmental honors), and a minor in Law, Societies, and Justice. She loves hiking, traveling, making art, playing piano, taking pictures, and spending time with her friends.