This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Since winter is wrapping up in the next few weeks, a nice way to soak up the cozy season is to head to local cafés in the Seattle area! Whether you’re a Seattle native or a new resident, here are some of my favorite spots to go to eat, drink, study, and relax.

Café Allegro

Located on the Ave, this coffee shop is a quaint and cozy place to get work done and enjoy a nice coffee. This is an easy spot to kill time in-between classes as the walk is not too far.

Mr. West Café Bar

If you want a bite to eat or a new spot to chill with friends, Mr. West is the spot to go. The greenery and music give this place lots of life. Be sure to include this in your weekend visit to U Village.

Café Solstice

This spot has great vibes all-around. The environment is what you’d expect of a PNW coffee shop. Take some friends to the Ave and enjoy a latte and a bagel on your next visit.

Café Hagen

This Scandinavian café has multiple locations in Queen Anne and near Capitol Hill. Their breakfast platter and luscious greenery makes this a great photo-worthy spot.

Fonté Café

If you’re visiting downtown, make sure to head to Fonté Café. Their food selection and drinks will brighten your day. This is a great spot to get work done or have a chat. Adding this to your downtown “to-dos” will not be a disappointment.

At the end of the day, the best way to find some of your favorite spots, is to keep trying new places. As finals week approaches, finding creative ways to boost motivation is a must for this season. Seattle is known for its great coffee, so why not go out and try it?

Stella Olson

Washington '25

My name is Stella Olson and I am a writer for Her Campus University of Washington. I like to cover things like pop culture, movies, activities in Seattle, and encouragement opinion pieces. Currently, I am a sophomore studying Political Science on a pre-law track. Along with preparation in the pre-law track, I work for UW Intramural Sports. I like to swim and run in my free time. I also enjoy trying new cafes with friends or having a movie marathon over the weekends. You can catch me at all the UW football games, at T-Mobile Park, and with my family watching football on Sunday afternoons.