This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Since the weather’s warming up here in Seattle (and in most other parts of the world), that means time for self-care and skin essentials! While I’m no dermatologist, these are products that I love and work for my skin. Here are some of my favorites for glowing, healthy skin:

1. Thayer’s Witch Hazel Toner

This extremely popular toner is popular for a reason – it’s good quality, affordable, and alcohol free. I have normal to oily skin, and while this feels slightly “stripping” on my face, I use an oil-free moisturizer afterwards to replenish it.

2. The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid

This comes with a syringe style applicator to drop the serum onto the skin and has become an essential part of my routine. It does have a little bit more of a tacky feeling after it’s dried down, but once a moisturizer is put over top it helps smooth out the skin.

3. Oil-Free Moisturizer

I prefer the Clinique Hydrating Jelly Moisturizer, but it is a little bit on the pricier side. In the drugstore, I really love the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Moisturizer! Both are lightweight and don’t clog my pores while giving my skin the moisture it needs. They both sink into the skin well and makeup layers evenly on top.

4. Milk Cooling Water Eye Patches

These eye masks are really great to use when your undereye skin is dry from stress, lack of sleep, sun, or really anything to be honest. These are also a little bit pricier than other eye patches on the market, but I find that they really hydrate and feel great – especially if you leave them in the freezer!

Obviously, these products work for me and my skin, and thus, they may not work for you. My skin does not breakout super often and in general has become pretty balanced (it wasn’t always!), and it took me years to find a routine that works. So try some products and relax with some undereye patches, a warm bath, and a good snack!

Katelyn Berquist

Washington '21

Katelyn is a senior studying Education and English at the University of Washington. She enjoys drinking coffee, studying around campus, and writing articles for Her Campus!