A street sign and neon sign at Pike Place Market in Seattle, Washington.
Original photo by Hailey Hummel
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

I love Valentine’s season as an excuse to watch cute movies, wear lots of pinks and reds, and obsess about love. Whether you’re celebrating with friends or a special someone, I’ve found that this Valentine’s Day, I want to celebrate love like it is in the movies.

Seattle has so many sites to see that it can be overwhelming at times. For someone living in Seattle, revisiting Sleepless in Seattle is the perfect way to do it. Even though it may be considered a “Christmas/New Year’s” movie, I think the cold winter vibes and rom-com feel make it the perfect movie to focus on this Valentine’s Day.

So if you’re in the Seattle area and can’t think of what to do for Valentine’s, here are some options that Sleepless in Seattle gives us:

A Walk at Alki Beach

Walking along the beach on a sunny day is a classic romantic date. You can stop by the replica Statue of Liberty located at the park or even catch some whales in the sound!

Picnic at Gas Works Park

Enjoy a sunset at Gas Works Park for Galentine’s or a picnic date. Gas Works can get pretty crowded in the summer, but with the cool, winter air still breezing by, bundle up and get ready to have some fun.

The Athenian Seafood Restaurant and Bar

Grab lunch or dinner at this special spot in Pike Place Market. Have a day at the market, getting flowers, eating some yummy pastries, and top it off with steamed clams and fish and chips along the water.

Space Needle

Even though Sleepless in Seattle ends on top of the Empire State Building, why not make it a romantic moment on top of the Space Needle? Take in the Seattle skyline at night with a cherry on top ending to a Sleepless in Seattle outing.

Sleepless in Seattle is a rom-com classic especially up here for us Seattleites. Grab your best Meg Ryan sweater and live your life like the movies this Valentine’s season.

Stella Olson

Washington '25

My name is Stella Olson and I am a writer for Her Campus University of Washington. I like to cover things like pop culture, movies, activities in Seattle, and encouragement opinion pieces. Currently, I am a sophomore studying Political Science on a pre-law track. Along with preparation in the pre-law track, I work for UW Intramural Sports. I like to swim and run in my free time. I also enjoy trying new cafes with friends or having a movie marathon over the weekends. You can catch me at all the UW football games, at T-Mobile Park, and with my family watching football on Sunday afternoons.