Style

Last Minute Gender-Neutral Gifts Under $20

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

All the presents listed are available on Amazon, unless otherwise specified. There are a wide variety of each gift available on Amazon. There should always be an option that totals under twenty dollars after tax and shipping.

Multi-use Pocket Knife

A multipurpose pocket knife can be gifted to anyone, but would be great for anyone outdoorsy or good with tools. There are many variations of the pocket knife which generally include features such as a knife, scissors, a bottle opener, a can opener, a screwdriver, and more. A pocket knife is a great item to throw in your bag as an extra safety measure, plus a multipurpose knife it can come in handy at so many different occurrences.

A Thrifted Mystery

This present is for the more creative people out there. Run to your local thrift store and find any item under ten dollars that you like. This could be a mug, a plate, a bowl, a jewelry stand, or anything you fancy. Then, after you polish it up at home, give it a little makeover! If you don’t have paint or markers at home that would work with the medium, try checking out the single paint bottles at a craft store. This present is a bit more varied, as it depends on what you already have available to you.

Ice Cube Tray

Ice trays are a fun way to spice up the presentation of any drink. Whether it’s alcohol, lemonade, or iced coffee, adding funky shaped iced cubes make the drink more fun. Since ice trays vary in the shape of ice cube they produce, there’s a wide array to choose from. This way, you can pick the perfect tray for your person. If you need some more inspiration, try “Ice Tok,” a subculture of Tik Tok on making and using satisfying ice cubes!

Whipped Soap

While whipped soap isn’t the most exciting present, it’s reliable. Everybody uses soap. Whipped soap is essentially fancy soap. It has a similar consistency to whipped body butters, but a bit lighter. It’s supposed to be soothing and feel nice on your hands. Whipped soap is an inoffensive gift, and usually not too expensive.

Decorative Plate

A small decorative plate is one of the best items on this list. While there are many fun plates on Amazon, it might be best to keep a lookout for these everywhere you go. Lots of stores have little funky plates that would make the perfect gift. The best part about this gift is it can be used for a multitude of different purposes; to hold jewelry, as a small serving plate, as a coaster, or just as decoration!

Keychain to Your School/University

A keychain to your school is ideal for a close family member or friend. It’s a simple personalized gift. However, if you don’t currently attend a university or don’t want to give them a token of your university, there are many alternatives. An alternative gift could be a keychain of their favorite sports team, favorite artist, or from their university.

Watercolor Brush Pens

Even if your gift receiver isn’t an artist, they’ll still love this gift. Watercolor brush pens are fun, satisfying, and easy to use. Regardless of how often somebody likes to paint, it’s always nice to have the opportunity and the resources to be able to do so.

Cactus Tea Lights

These cactus tea lights are perfect for somebody who loves cute things. They’re the quintessence of adorable. The cactus lights are unique, and a fun way to add character to anyone’s candle collection or room decor. They come in a bunch of different varieties on Amazon, with most being around ten dollars.

Nirja Thaler

Washington '27

Nirja is a Staff Writer for HER Campus at Washington. She is an intended Philosophy and Economics double major. She was coeditor of her high school newspaper. She has been a part of various types of writing (such as poetry, songwriting, newspaper, and novel writing) clubs throughout her life. Nirja is passionate about exploring social justice issues. She enjoys writing articles that appeal to appeal to both sides of an argument. Originally, her intended major was journalism. With any topic she writes about, Nirja loves to relate the subject to a bigger concept in the community/world. She loves real-life pattern recognition and repetition examples. On her limited free time, Nirja enjoys playing and composing music. She pays piano, viola, guitar, and the ukulele. She is classically trained in piano, and has been playing for over six years. She also enjoys songwriting, and writes most of her songs on piano. In addition to music, she likes to run, crochet, and watch early 2000s movies.