Guy Red Guitar Plants Outside Bench Summer
Charlotte Reader / Her Campus

The Jonas Brothers Are Back and Better Than Ever!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve probably heard that The Jonas Brothers are officially back together! On the evening of February 28th, the beloved Disney group released their first single, “Sucker”, after they announced their split six years ago. In fact, Joe Jonas has stated during his interview at the Elvis Duran Show that they have about 30 to 40 new songs recorded! Exciting, right!?

“Sucker” is a perfect first release for the Jonas Brothers return. The beat is catchy and reminds one very much of their original songs. Though you can hear the tribute to their original roots, you can also tell that the brothers have matured and reformed their sound. The video is also stellar, which features their beautiful wives (the song also happens to be dedicated to them). The colors, the choreography, the drama!

The world was left in shambles when the Jonas Brothers announced their split in 2013. The brothers later explained it was Nick who initiated the split because “he wanted to focus on different things, like acting and doing music on his own”. While this might seem confusing for many fans, it makes sense. The majority of the Jonas Brother’s careers and identity, since youth, have been around the band and the Jonas Brother brand. As teenagers, who are growing and maturing, it must have been difficult to isolate themselves from the Jonas Brothers identity. While the split must have been difficult, I think it was good to give the brothers time to form their own identities and careers (Joe with DNCE, Nick with his solo career, and Kevin with his business ventures). Now that they have established themselves as unique individuals, they can come together and collaborate to make some bangers!

I look forward to hear in the next few months what the Jonas Brothers have in store for us! In the mean time, I’ll be replaying “Sucker”.

Lena Abovskiy

Washington '22

Lena is Campus Correspondent for HerCampus at the University of Washington! In her free time she enjoys attending concerts, going out to eat with friends, napping, and exploring the city.