neonbrand I6wCDYW6ij8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand I6wCDYW6ij8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Join Her Campus at the University of Washington!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Interested in being a part of the #1 media site for college women? Want a platform for your writing? Create and publish interesting and relatable content on social media? Plan events on campus in partnerships with your favorite brands? Or maybe you just want to be surrounded by a bunch of empowered, badass women on campus? 

Well look no further, because applications to be a part of Her Campus at the University of Washington for Fall 2019 are now OPEN! Applications and deadline information for each team are linked at the bottom of the article! Please read carefully! 

As a member of HCUW, your responsibilities will include: 

– Promoting the nationwide brand by adhering to the national level standards and requirements. 

– Being an active member of Her Campus UW by attending mandatory meetings which will be held a few times a month on Thursdays. 

– Attend and participate in at least 2 on-campus events per quarter. 

You have an opportunity to be a part of our writing, social media, events, and/or YouTube team!

Regardless of team, being a part of our organization provides so many amazing ways to sharpen skills such as communication, organization, team-work, writing, and much more! But why take my word for it, when you can hear from some of our kick-ass exec team about why they love being a part of Her Campus UW! 

“Her Campus has provided me with a platform where I can actually contribute towards women empowerment and make my college life more engaging with women from different backgrounds.” —Ashina Agarwal, Campus Correspondent.

“Her Campus UW has helped me step out of my comfort zone to express myself and be a part of an incredibly supportive community on campus! This club has given me countless opportunities to network, collaborate, and grow professionally, all while having a great time with the team! I am so happy I joined this club and I can’t wait to see how it grows this year!” —Suchitra Gopal, Events Director.

“Her Campus has helped me find a community on campus that I can feel I belong to. I’m growing my passion for writing and creating videos, which I never thought I would do before joining Her Campus. It inspires me to explore my creative side that I’ve never discovered before.” —Safira Jendriza, Campus Correspondent.

“Being a part of Her Campus UW has been a great way for me to not only practice my writing skills and work for such a large, well known publication, but also gain invaluable relationships with strong women on campus across all majors and backgrounds.” —Lena Abovskiy, Editor in Chief.

“Her Campus Washington has become a safe and positive place for me to connect with strong women across campus. It’s not always easy to meet people from other majors, but Her Campus has provided a place where I began life-long friendships.”  —Yena Park, Marketing and Publicity Director.

The opportunities here are endless! So, if you are looking for a space to exercise your creativity and work with an amazing group of passionate, motivated individuals, you are bound to find your community here at Her Campus UW. 

Please take your time to read through each application and each position’s responsibilities! You are also more than welcome to apply to more than one position! We also welcome all students from the University of Washington’s Seattle, Bothell, and Tacoma Campuses! 

*** Writing Team, Social Media Team, Events Team, YouTube Team ***

Priority applications are due by October 6th at 11:59 p.m. We will be accepting applicants afterwards on a rolling basis. Any questions please email hercampusuw@gmail.com

We can’t wait to meet you!

Lena Abovskiy

Washington '22

Lena is Campus Correspondent for HerCampus at the University of Washington! In her free time she enjoys attending concerts, going out to eat with friends, napping, and exploring the city.