The Iowa Professor: What do you think?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

By now, I’m sure most of us are familiar with Ellen Lewis, the Iowa professor who, when a message titled “Conservative Coming Out Week” popped up in her mailbox, hit reply-all and typed in “F$#% YOU REPUBLICANS!” 
While the title of the event was offensive in itself, poking fun at the LGBT population, the body of the message described events and cracked jokes surrounding animal rights and the workers in Wisconsin. Classy.
She ended up apologizing, but did point out the terrible choices the group made for the event.
What do you think? Did she take it too far? Do you applaud or boo her? Shouldn’t have done it with a school email? Better that she did it with a school email?

Avalon is in her second year at the University of Washington, and currently pursuing a BA in Global Studies. When she's not in class, Avalon works at UWB's Learning Technologies center as a student assistant. She enjoys making lists, eating delicious food, watching movies, and crafting. Avalon's favorite town is probably Cabo San Lucas.