This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

The dating world might seem a little scary and a little difficult to understand, especially if you’re shy or haven’t been in the dating game for a while. Don’t worry in this article you’ll find some simple helpful tips that are proven to work if you want someone whom you are interested in to pursue you.

Don’t Give Them All of Your Attention

When you’re talking to someone who you are interested in you might have the urge to ask them everything there is to know about them to get to know them better, but this might scare off the person who you are talking to and make you seem too available. Instead try to be polite by answering only the questions you feel comfortable with and continuing the conversation as if you weren’t talking to someone who you are romantically interested in. A helpful tip to make you not seem so available and interrogating is to pretend as if you were just talking to one of your friends. 

End the Conversation on a High Note

Once you finally get a conversation started with the person who you are romantically interested in, try to leave the conversation when the conversation is at it’s best point. I know this may seem odd but it works! If you are having a great conversation with someone and you both are feeling comfortable and developing a mutual connection it is best you leave him/her with a good impression. Not only will he/she be left with a good impression of you but he/she will want to continue the conversation, and if they are truly interested they will find a way to contact you in order to know more about you. 

Don’t Give Them Your Number

If you are at a bar, a party or any event in which you manage to have a conversation with the person who you are romantically interested in, it is best you don’t give them your contact information first. Wait to see if they ask for it, if they don’t then follow my second tip and leave the conversation on a high note. If you didn’t give them your number already then asking for your number or contact information is a good excuse for him/her to look for you at the event.

Hello my name is Citlalli Rodriguez- Garcilazo, I am a current sophomore pursuing a career in Marketing. I am a young adventurous soul who loves to go out and explore the beautiful city of Seattle, I love to meet new people and I have a great passion for music.