Girls Pumpkins
Girls Pumpkins
Breanna Coon / Her Campus

Here Are the Best Pumpkin Patches to Visit This Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

It’s the middle of midterm season, and you’ve been staring at your laptop screen for the past four hours. Your Halloween plans currently involve watching old, scary movies on Netflix in the dark while eating candy. However, if you’ve been wanting some old-fashioned fun outdoors this fall, why not visit a pumpkin patch? I’ve created a list of some of the best pumpkin patches and farms that you and your friends should visit this Halloween!

1. Thomas Family Farm

Location: Snohomish, WA

Price:

• Free to enter pumpkin patch, general farm store, parking
  • $10 Daytime Admission
  • Price varies for nighttime events

Dates/Hours:

• Fridays: 6pm-12am (Night)
  • Weekends: 10am-6pm (Day), 6pm-12am (Night)

Activities:

Daytime activities include a 10-acre corn maze and a pumpkin patch with 149 different varieties. But that’s not all – Thomas Family Farms offers a wide range of activities for both children and adults, from 5-minute escape rooms to monster truck rides.

For those looking for a more scream-filled experience, this farm’s nighttime events are for you! Promising to be one of the scariest haunts in the Pacific Northwest, the Nightmare on 9 Haunted House is one thing I’ll be avoiding this Halloween. Other activities include the Haunted Hayride, Zombie Paintball, and flashlight treasure hunt corn maze.

More information can be found at www.thomasfamilyfarm.com

2. Bob’s Corn and Pumpkin Farm

Location: Snohomish, WA

Price:

• Free to enter pumpkin patch and farm market
  • $12 Weekday Admission
  • $18 Weekend Admission

Dates/Hours:

• Sep. 14-Oct. 31, 2019
  • Daily: 10am-dark (approximately 7pm)
  • Night corn maze open on Fridays and Saturdays (last admission at 10pm)

Activities:

This popular farm boasts three pumpkin patches and a 10-acre corn maze. There’s also a hot food concession stand, an on-site photographer, and face painting on the weekends. You can also rent a private, secluded bonfire inside the corn maze just for your family or friends. The country store offers fresh, locally grown produce, as well as souvenirs, locally crafted gifts, and clothing. The admission to this farm is very simple as well – only one payment for access to all activities!

More information can be found at www.bobscorn.com

3. Stocker Farms

Location: Snohomish, WA

Price:

• $14.95 (online), $17.95 (gate) Weekend Admission
  • $9.95 (online), $12.95 (gate) Weekday Admission
  • $19.95 (online), $22.95 (gate) Night Admission

Dates/Hours:

• Sep. 21–Oct. 31, 2019
  • Daily: 10am-6pm
  • Fridays & Weekends: 6pm-10pm

Activities:

You’ll be sure to find the perfect pumpkin in Stocker Farms’ 10-acre pumpkin patch and get lost with your friends in their 7-acre corn maze. There are 30+ attractions at this farm, including hayrides, rubber duck races, an animal barn, face-painting, and plenty of photo-ops.

Now this is where it gets scary. Ranked first as the must-see haunted attraction of 2019, Stocker Farms becomes the appropriately named Stalker Farms after dark, offering two immersive, haunted experiences with trained actors and original storylines that begin right after you buy your ticket. The Stalker Farms experience also includes a non-haunted corn maze.

More information can be found at www.stockerfarms.com

4. Carpinito Bros Pumpkin Patch & Corn Maze

Location: Kent, WA

Price:

• Free to enter pumpkin patch
  • $11 Corn Maze
  • $6 Farm Fun Yard

Dates/Hours:

• Sep. 27-Oct. 31, 2019
  • Daily: 9am-6pm

Activities:

The picturesque Mt. Rainier serves as a beautiful backdrop for the Carpinito Brothers’ Kent valley patch and corn maze. When I say a lot of pumpkins, I mean a lot of pumpkins: this farm provides wheelbarrows to aid in the pumpkin search in over 20 acres of farmland. In addition, there are two innovative corn mazes for you to get lost in. Fun fact: the farm uses GPS-driven tractors to plant corn seeds in exact locations to allow the corn maze design to come to life!

The Farm Fun Yard is fun for all ages, offering up activities including farm animals, rubber duck races, and a goat walk. Don’t worry if you’re feeling hungry – feast on kettle corn, sausages, sweet corn, and lemonade (unless you’ve gotten lost in the maze and can’t get out).

More information can be found at www.carpinito.com

5. Remlinger Farms

Location: Carnation, WA

Price:

• Free to enter U-pick pumpkin patch
  • $24.71 Fall Harvest Festival

Dates/Hours:

• Sep. 28-Oct. 27, 2019
  • Weekends: 10am-6pm (gates close at 5pm)

Activities:

During the Fall Harvest Pumpkin Festival happening right now, one payment unlocks all 25+ park rides, live entertainment, attractions, and comfort food. Rides include a steam train ride, a farm pony trail ride, a carousel, flying pumpkin rides, and an animal barnyard. You can also head over to the U-pick pumpkin patch, where pumpkins are priced by size.

Ok, but the thing that really excites me is what’s on the menu. Choose from a selection of mini pumpkin donuts, farm made pizza, hamburgers, hotdogs, caramel apples, and kettle corn. If you want to take a break, their café offers chili, pumpkin bread, and apple pull-apart bread.

More information can be found at www.remlingerfarms.com

Kerri Lee

Washington '22

Kerri is a senior studying Computer Science. When not writing for Her Campus, she can either be found watching TV or asleep (there's no in-between).