Style

Have No Fear: My Halloween Costume Ideas are Here!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

For me, it’s never too early to start thinking about Halloween costumes. I have selflessly completed extensive research to pull together some creative, fun, and easy to accomplish costumes to put on your radar this Halloween.

A Dark Fairy πŸ§šβ€β™€οΈ

Credit: @richchocolit on Twitter

This costume is simple, fun, and unique. You can mix it up with wigs and fun makeup while still sticking to a darker ethereal theme.

David Bowie ⚑

credit: livingly.com
credit: NASTY GAL Pinterest

I have never once seen a David Bowie costume at a Halloween party, so if your goal is to stand out, this is a great option. The key here of course is the iconic lightning bolt across the face with slicked-back hair. With some funky flare pants and lots of sequins, people will certainly know who you are.

Velma and Daphne from Scooby-Doo πŸ”

Credit: recipemagik.com

The best part of this costume is that it’s so easy to thrift. Look for different shades of orange or purple in some preppy silhouettes and you’re golden. It also works as a couple costume, a group costume, or just by yourself!

A Not-So-Basic Devil 😈

Credit: bysophielee on Pinterest

Ah yes, the tried and true devil costume. I think this costume still has a ton of potential to be cool and eye-catching. Example: the photo above. The lace-up leather pants, crazy jacket, and matching accessories- it’s still original and fun even though it’s ‘basic.’ I think this shows that with enough pizzazz and creativity, any costume can be a stunner.

Easy A πŸ‘€

Credit: weheartit.com

This costume has been on my list to do forevvvveeeerrrrrrr, and r I am making the commitment to finally do it this year! However, I am not a gatekeeper, so I will share with you graciously. You are welcome to do this easy, iconic costume this Halloween if you actually watch this movie. Let this be my testimony for one of the greatest least talked about teen comedies ever: “Easy A” starring the wonderful Emma Stone.

Y2K Pink Angels πŸ’–

Credit: violett on Pinterest

If you are able to do an exact recreation of these looks I would personally tip my hat to you and say, “That’s hot,” a la Paris Hilton.

If you don’t already know where this scene is from (which is slander but okay), this is from “A Cinderella Story” starring the one and only Hillary Duff (2004). I think this would be such a fun group costume. My advice would be to check out the lingerie section of a thrift store to find some fun and flirty pink dresses.

Hopefully, this sparked some ideas for you; good luck with your Halloween costume this year!

Ashley is a Senior at the University of Washington, Seattle, double majoring in Political Science and Journalism. She likes watching movies, finding fun restaurants, and hanging out with friends.