This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Claire’s season of The Bachelorette has been frustrating to watch, to say the least. Fans of the franchise were looking forward to Claire’s maturity this season compared to the younger leads in recent years, but despite being the “Oldest Bachelorette,” she has treated many of the contestants with disrespect. Due to the older pool of contestants this season, I also think the show is missing a lot of the comedic relief that it usually has. I love laughing at the usual antics that the show includes in the episodes, and now that those moments are less frequent, I would rather re-watch older episodes from the franchise. While we wait patiently for Tayshia to take over Claire’s current position, here are some of my favorite Bachelor and Bachelorette clips from recent years that never fail to make me laugh:

ABC Cam Crashes the Group Date

Cam tries to win over Hannah’s heart by barging into a group date that he wasn’t invited to. After talking to Hannah, Tyler interrupts Cam’s interview outside to tell him that all the guys weren’t too happy with him crashing the date, only for Cam to reply in return that it “comes with the territory.” Showing up to the date was a bold move, but he’s gotta stay true to himself! ABC, Always Be Cam.

Corrine Takes a Nap

The ladies of the house decide to confront Corrine to tell her that they don’t feel she’s mature enough for Nick. Their reasoning: she napped during the rose ceremony. Corrine explains that she didn’t mean to offend the other girls and she was just tired. “Michael Jordan took naps, Abraham Lincoln took naps, and [she’s] in trouble for napping”!?

Colton Jumps the Fence

Colton lit candles and prepared a romantic night for his Fantasy Suite date with Cassie. He had prepared to lose his virginity that night, but when Cassie showed up to the date, she decided to leave him, and the show! Colton stormed away from the scene with rage, jumped over a fence, and disappeared into the night. An iconic scene that will never to be forgotten in Bachelor history.

Dean’s Hometown

Hometown dates are meant for the lead to get to know the contestants better, but at this hometown date, it seemed like Dean didn’t know his new dad too well either. Dean explains that he hadn’t seen his dad in years, and in that time, he had converted to Sikhism and changed his name to Paramroop. A super awkward date for both of them . . . and Rachel decided to send Dean home that week.

Kara Fong

Washington '22

Hi I’m Kara! I'm a junior studying Biochemistry and Economics. I like desserts, long car rides, and movies :')