Wellness

Feel Good Songs That Are Filled With Manifestation Power

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

If there’s one thing I swear by, it’s the power of positive affirmations and manifesting good in your life. All my life I knew about the phrase “speaking it into existence,” but I never truly grasped the magnitude of it. I grew up and still sometimes struggle with body image issues and various other insecurities about my body, my personality, and myself in general. However, I can wholeheartedly say that since practicing manifestation techniques and speaking positively about things I wanted as if I already had them, my life started changing dramatically. A technique that I use is journaling and writing entries about what I want as if I had them already. For example, if you are waiting to hear back from an internship you desperately want, instead of saying “I want this internship,” you speak into the universe “I’m so glad I got this internship!”  Don’t overcomplicate it – it really is as easy as it sounds! Another technique that many tend to look over is the power of music! The music we listen to has a huge effect on our subconscious mind. We can see artists incorporate more of these positive and affirming vibrations within their songs and since most of us are constantly listening to music, why not raise our moods while we’re at it! So I’ll start your playlist off with three of my favorites! 

just like magic by Ariana Grande  

I had this song was on REPEAT when it was first released on Ariana’s “Positions” album just last year. I incorporated this song into my everyday routine and sang it with my whole soul. “Just like magic, I’m attractive, I get everything I want ‘cause I attract it,” is one of the iconic lines in the song that truly makes it positive and affirming, which helps manifest only good things in our lives! Not to mention it has a happy and light beat so you won’t be able to fight the urge to dance wherever you are!  The whole basis of this song is on the Law of Attraction, positivity, and manifesting, which is why it will always be at the top of my feel-good playlist! Be sure to add this to your morning drive-to-work playlist!

I Am by Yung Baby Tate (feat. Flo Milli) 

This song is on multiple of my playlists and never fails to make me feel like the baddest to ever walk this earth – and whoever listens to it will feel the same! A favorite technique of mine when manifesting or using positive affirmations is the practice of “I am” statements. This song starts off with at least 13 “I am” statements that are bound to raise anyone’s vibrations, “I do what I want to do and I’m who I wanna be ‘cause I am me!” This song was released by Yung Baby Tate in 2020 for the sole purpose of helping others do affirmations, sometimes without even realizing it – the song is just too good! 

Trigger Protection Mantra by Jhené Aiko 

This is a less wordy song, but the soft-spoken chants and the faint ringing of crystal singing bowls are enough to do the trick. This song is meant to provide our mind and soul some peace and help heal our inner selves because of the healing properties within the song. The chords within the song are specifically designed to bring peace and harmony to the listener – which is something we all need a bit of. Even though it’s not like the typical badass “full of life” song, it provides the healing we need to put our manifestations in motion. 

Sitlali Cortes

Washington '23

Sitlali is a third year student at the University of Washington and intended communications major! She's from Yakima, Washington and when she's not busy with school or work you'll find her with friends and family! She also enjoys reading and writing poetry and making playlists.