Could The Jonas Brothers Reunion Inspire Other Bands to Get Back Together?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

On March 1st, the Jonas Brothers officially made their long awaited comeback with the release of their new song Sucker. This was, and still is, a big moment for all of us fangirls who have been in love with them since 2009. I remember one of my first ever concerts being the Jonas Brothers at Wembley Arena in London, and I honestly couldn’t have asked for a better first time experience than that. Flash forward to a decade later—my roommate and I, who are big fans of them, were on our laptops before the video and song dropped, constantly refreshing the page until it was finally time. 

Seeing as it has been quite a while since they released anything together as a group (their last song together was Pom Poms in 2013), it got me incredibly hyped for a potential album and world tour, although I may be jumping the gun a bit. The song and music video are great in my opinion, and I love how all of the wives have been incorporated into the video. It honestly made me jealous a little bit because it has always been a childhood dream of mine to marry Nick Jonas. 

I also got to thinking about how many other bands there are that either broke up or went on hiatus that I would love if they got back together. One Direction is definitely up there on my list; even though I was never a “Directioner” I did love their music and having them come back would be a massive deal. Another band that I really want to get back together is Oasis, which I think is highly unlikely as the two Gallagher brothers do not get along at all, but I still have a slight sense of hope in me that they could potentially do a reunion tour in the near future. The Spice Girls have technically reunited (minus Posh) for a tour in the UK, so at this point anything could be possible. 

This comeback has been one of the best things that has ever happened so far in 2019; all we need next are some more Disney Channel reunions such as Hannah Montana, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody or everyone’s favorite, High School Musical. Fingers crossed!

Ana Bhardwaj

Washington '21

Ana is a sophomore at the University of Washington from London, England. She is studying English Literature and in her free time, she enjoys photography, baking, watching movies and going to concerts and festivals.