Campus Conversations: Keertana Sureshbabu

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Role: Campus Correspondent

Year in school: Junior

Favorite color: Teal or Lilac

Zodiac sign: Gemini

*

Where are you from?

Sunnyvale, CA

What are some of your favorite things about Seattle?

I love how all the different neighborhoods have very different personalities to them. I love Seattle’s big push to be an environmentally friendly city.

Any advice for currently homesick freshmen?

It’s okay to call home and tell your parents you miss them :). Call them often, they miss you too!

What’s your major and why?

Psychology. I’m very passionate about mental health and destigmatizing it so I got interested in psychology. I also wanted to learn more about why we act the way we do and I think psychology research/human behavior is very fascinating!

How’d you get involved with Her Campus?

I saw it on Facebook my freshman year and I’d always written for myself, so I figured I would join and improve my writing but then I fell in love with the her campus mission and I decided to stick around.

What’s your favorite song at the moment?

Hmm… this is hard question but probably “I Just Can’t – R3HAB and Quintino” right now.

If you could have dinner with any five people, living or dead, who would you pick?

This is really hard because there are more than five people but if I could only pick 5 then they would be… Ellen Degeneres, Rupi Kaur, Lilly Singh, Michelle Obama and Melinda Gates. If you couldn’t tell I love powerful and inspiring women and it would be so cool to get together with all these women!

What character on a TV show do you most identify with?

Well my current TV show obsession, like the majority of the world, is THIS IS US, so I have to say I identify the most with is Beth Pearson. I can relate to her confident personality, sarcastic humor and her compassion for the people in her life.

And finally, what’s your Starbucks order?

I don’t drink coffee so if it’s during the fall or winter, I’ll usually get a hot chocolate. I try to find secret hot chocolate recipes to try because the normal hot chocolate gets boring after awhile. During the spring and summer I’ll probably order a strawberry acai refresher with extra berries or an iced tea lemonade

Hannah is a senior studying marketing and English at the University of Washington and is the Editor of the UW Her Campus chapter. She was also a Summer 2017 editorial intern for Her Campus Media. When not editing, writing, or pitching articles, she's probably at brunch.