Campus Celebrity: Adam Kinkley, Business Community RA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Adam Kinkley

Major: Finance and Political Science 

Year in School: Senior

Hometown: Vancouver, WA  

1) What made you want to come and choose UW? 

UW was ultimately the school of the best value. It was one of the best quality schools with the price that it came with and has top tier education.

2) What do you study here at the UW and how did you come about deciding that specific major? 

I study Finance and Political Science at the UW. I studied Finance because I was part of the Freshman Direct program within the Foster School of Business, and I really liked finance courses and believe it to be a marketable skill. 

3) What are some things that you are involved with on campus?

Well I am an RA, some things I’m involved with on campus include being part of the Washington Undergraduate Law Review, ASUW as a policy analyst, and was part of Dream Project.

4) What was the most interesting experience or opportunity you have gained throughout your time here at the UW? 

I took a seminar and Sonia Sotomayor, the supreme court justice came to speak. That was a real special opportunity.

5) Where do you see yourself in the future? (5 years/out of college) 

Right out of school, I see myself working in finance and consulting. In around 2-3 years out of school, I’d hope to be in law school.

6) What is an interesting fact/skill that you have that not everyone would know?

A lot of people don’t know this, but I have a black belt in taekwondo. 

Student at the University of Washington majoring in Business Administration. Lover of TV shows, night owl, and self-professed professional online window shopper. I have a strong interest towards gender studies, entrepreneurship, technology, and pop-culture. Am currently involved with Startup UW, Operation Smile, and ASUW Women's Action Commission.