This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

With Valentine’s day right around the corner, preparations begin to find the perfect date spot to visit on the 14th. With as big as Seattle can be, it can be challenging to not only find a spot, but also narrow down the choices. Well, I’m here to help. Here are my top 5 date spots to visit in Seattle. 

Ballard

Public art at Market, Leary, and 22nd in Ballard.

A short drive (or bus ride) from campus and you arrive in Ballard. The possibilities here are endless. Have a nice walk around the city and visit some local favorites such as the Ballard Buffalo Exchange, Sonic Boom records, and grab a coffee at Ballard Coffee Works. For the fellow rock climbers, Edgeworks Climbing Seattle is a must visit for some amazing climbing walls, or courses if you or your partner want to try something new! If you happen to go on a Sunday, make sure to check out the Ballard Farmers Market for some amazing local finds.

Gas Works Park

Gas Works Park

A walk, skip and a jump from campus is the iconic Gas Works park. A peaceful day at the park could be the perfect wind down from the hectic schedules of winter quarter; and who doesn’t dream of a picnic date?! Pick up some snacks, bring some picnic activities, a blanket and head over to watch the sunset and have a relaxing (and fun-filled) day.

Pike Place

Seattle Twilight

If you are looking for more of a city-themed activity, you can’t go wrong with Pike Place. But don’t stop there. There are plenty of cool spots to hit if you’re looking for a change of scenery around the Pike Place Area. Hit up Pier 66 for beautiful water views and a romantic ferris wheel ride, as well as The Seattle Art Museum, Arundel Books, or the Waterfall Garden.

Washington Park Arboretum

Washington Park Arboretum Japanese Garden

Additionally, there is the Washington Park Arboretum. The beautiful nature scenes make for the perfect daytime activity, and is a must see for anyone visiting Seattle. With a broad variety of different gardens such as the Woodland garden, Japanese garden, and the Pacific Connections garden (to name a few).

Bainbridge Island

Great Blue

Last, but certainly not least, is Bainbridge Island. A short 30 minute ferry ride from Seattle, you find scenic island views with plenty to do. This includes the Bloedel Reserve, Halls Hill Lookout and Labyrinth, and Hawley Cove Park.

Malia is an senior at the University of Washington. She is majoring in both Global studies along with Media and Communications, minoring Human Rights. In addition to advocating for reproductive rights in her free time, Malia enjoys running, playing guitar, watching films, and reading.