This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

1. Leon Coffee House

Even with its location directly on the Ave, it is still unheard of to most people–it’s new and is the ideal photo op coffee place. With a lofted area solely for taking pictures, it definitely caters towards those who are always looking for a new photo for their Instagram, but the photo area doesn’t take away from the fact that it is one of the best spots to do homework at. It’s not too noisy, except from sounds from the Ave, and has a lot of space to spend time working. It also has a lot of coffee and brunch options, but it is definitely on the more expensive side. 

2. Sip House

Sip House has gotten increasingly more popular as it has been trending on Tik Tok. Located a couple of blocks from the main section of the Ave, it’s closer to more apartments rather than the dorms. Although it’s more of a remote location for underclassmen, it is a good change of scenery from the closer cafes. My favorite coffee of theirs is the Brown Sugar Coffee Latte, which honestly surprised me with how great it was. They offer so many unique drinks in a really comforting atmosphere. There is a reason why it is trending online and is definitely worth a visit. 

3. Mr. West Cafe Bar

My personal favorite coffee and cafe place is Mr. West! Located in University Village, it is only a short walk away from North Campus. Although it has great atmosphere, it is not always ideal to do homework in. It’s very loud for a coffee shop and is busy at almost all times of the day. With its location in University Village, it also has more customers who are adults or families and not students. Besides that, it’s a great place for breakfast sandwiches, hot lattes, and has a variety of pastries. I’ve eaten here many times and am always excited when my friends and I decide to go!

4. Cafe on the Ave

The closest to a diner, Cafe on the Ave offers a lot of different food options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It definitely is better if you are looking for a place to have a larger meal. It has the normal variety of iced coffees, lattes, and macchiatos while offering a convenient location to the West Campus dorms. Even though it doesn’t have as many creative drink options as some of the other coffee shops, it makes up for it with the atmosphere. With lots of tables and chairs, it is a great place to go with a lot of homework. It is always filled with college students, especially at any time over the weekend. 

Elizabeth Williams

Washington '25

Elizabeth Williams is one of the Campus Correspondents for University of Washington’s Her Campus chapter. As a freshman she was a Writer, followed by being a Corresponding Editor for a year. In her hometown of Wilton, Connecticut she developed her love of writing in high school. Now as a junior at the University of Washington, she is pursuing a double major in Journalism and Psychology. Through her journalism classes she has covered a variety of topics about the environment, social media, and on-campus events. For Her Campus, she mainly writes about music, fashion, and college advice. She also just recently returned to campus from studying abroad in London! In her free time she loves reading (she read 25 books last year), doing hot yoga, and spending time with her roommates. If she’s not writing you can probably find her getting coffee or at a concert, most likely at Harry Styles’ Love on Tour or at Taylor Swift’s The Eras Tour. If you have read some of her articles, you can probably tell that her greatest achievements are getting tickets to concerts (a certified skill) and predicting the outcome of reality tv shows.