Alumni We Love: Molly Wizenberg

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Molly Wizenberg is definitely quite a gal! The former UW student co-owns the pizzeria Delancey, is the author of the food blog Orangette, has written a best-selling book, AND to top it all off, is the co-host of the popular podcast Spilled Milk.

Wizenberg came to UW as a Ph.D. student. She was enrolled in the cultural anthropology program at UW with hopes of one day becoming a medical anthropologist. 

BUT obviously, sometimes things don’t happen as we expect they do! (I mean, how many people do you know who went on to actually use their philosophy degree?) Wizenberg left UW and shortly after started Orangette. One thing led to another, and before we knew it, she became the bossy lady susperstar foodie of today!

Wizenberg’s upcoming plans include writing another book, teaching cooking classes, and carrying on with her incredible projects. We say “GET IT GIRL” and “MOLLY, HC WASHINGTON LOVES YOU!”

Avalon is in her second year at the University of Washington, and currently pursuing a BA in Global Studies. When she's not in class, Avalon works at UWB's Learning Technologies center as a student assistant. She enjoys making lists, eating delicious food, watching movies, and crafting. Avalon's favorite town is probably Cabo San Lucas.