Alumni We Love: Anna Faris

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

We’re kicking off our series of bossy female notable alumnus with Anna Faris, who graduated UW class of 1999! Whether or not you thought The House Bunny was a cinematic achievement, you probably have a special place in your heart for the lovely Anna Faris. Not only did she attend herself, but her father was a sociologist who worked at UW and headed the Washington Biotechnology and Biomedical Association- a celebrity himself to techies in the PNW.
            Little Anna grew up in Edmonds, WA—a suburb north of Seattle. She started acting when she was 9 years old, first performing at the Seattle Repertory Theater, a notable Seattle theater in the north part of the Seattle Center.
            Once high school was through, she went on to attend UW, and achieved her undergraduate degree in English literature (I know, right?). Since then, she has been ubiquitous in popular comedies (Scary Movie series, Just Friends, The House Bunny) and several other roles in big-time dramas (Brokeback Mountain, Lost in Translation). We here at HerCampus chose Ms. Faris because she’s hilarious, smart, and adorable. We’re proud to call her a dawg. HC Washington loves you, Anna!

Check out her New York Times Screen Test interview, too!

Avalon is in her second year at the University of Washington, and currently pursuing a BA in Global Studies. When she's not in class, Avalon works at UWB's Learning Technologies center as a student assistant. She enjoys making lists, eating delicious food, watching movies, and crafting. Avalon's favorite town is probably Cabo San Lucas.