This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

As Spring Quarter comes in full swing, so do the events both inside and outside campus. Here’s your brief guide to what will be going on.

1. Boba Fest on the Ave

Starting off the event season, in two weeks is the U-District’s annual Boba Fest on April 29th. Begin your walk at the Welcome Tent in front of the U-District Link Rail Station to pick up a pamphlet before traversing any one of the 25 businesses participating in the event for boba, merch, and/or dessert. Such highlights include Sip House’s Boba Lava Cake, Boba Up’s special split-cup, and Call A Chicken’s special deal that includes a complimentary boba drink. Click here for more information.

1. Tzu Ching’s Veggie Fest

After you’ve had a fill of boba drinks, visit Tzu Ching’s Veggie Fest at Mary Gates Hall from 5 to 7 p.m. to pick up a sumptuous dinner for $15. Choose from a number of options, like gua bao, thai curry rice, and dulce de leche crepes, among others. All proceeds will go to Tzu Ching’s relief efforts for the Turkey Syria Earthquake. Purchase tickets ahead of time here. 

1. South Lake Union’s Saturday Market

On May 7th, Downtown Seattle’s largest street market will open for its 7th year. Come down to Denny Park from 11 AM to 4 PM to visit over 75 vendors, including food trucks and makers. Spend $35 and over on Opening Day and pick up a tote bag for free!

1. VSA’s Hoa Khôi Liên Trường

After you’ve had your fill shopping, go to VSA’s Hoa Khôi Liên Trường at Kane Hall 130 on the same day for a night full of exciting dance practices, skits, and more! Stop by their booth in Red Square for tickets and entry to their raffle – non-members pay $30. Buy tickets here! 

1. MESH’s Fashion Show

On May 9th, UW’s MESH Fashion Show, with the theme ‘Welcome to Hell,’ will be hosted at the Crocodile in Belltown from 7-10 PM. Tickets start at $15.00, which you can buy here. Go to their instagram page for more details!

1. JSA’s Matsuri

On May 13th, JSA’s will host its Matsuri from 4-9 p.m. in the HUB Ballroom. There, you can play games like gacha sukui, bean toss, and more! After that, you can eat Japanese treats like kakigori (shaved ice), yakisoba, and candied fruit while watching the taiko performance, among other performances. You can go to their Instagram page for more information as it comes out. 

1. TSA’s Night Market

Or…stop by Red Square from 4:30 to 9:30 p.m. for TSA’s biggest event: the Night Market. With over 20 vendors and many performers, you don’t want to miss what is sure to be one of the biggest events on UW’s campus.

1. UW’s Maker’s Fair

A few days after that, you can walk down HUB street on May 16th and 17th to purchase items from vendors and food from food trucks for UW’s Spring Maker’s Fair in what is sure to be UW’s biggest Maker’s fair yet!

1. SU’s Obon

To wrap up the season, take a breather outside UW’s campus and visit Seattle University’s campus for their JSA’s Obon on May 27th in SU’s Quad from 5 to 9 p.m. Taste the Japanese food and play games as you enjoy the artful decorations and scenery.

Autumn Yi

Washington '26

Autumn Yi is an undergraduate student attending the University of Washington. As a student hoping to major in psychology, she is passionate about mental health, in addition to tennis and American politics.