This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

My favorite thing in the world is music. My second favorite thing is giving unsolicited advice. I thought it would only make sense to combine the two and throw out some new tune suggestions that will hopefully spice up your day-to-day playlists. I haven’t done a music list since my freshman fall quarter, so it seems like a good time to take a fresh look at what I’ve been listening to these days. Here is my Top 6!

“High and Dry” – Radiohead

God, what a way to start this list. I promise I am not a 30-year self-proclaimed hipster trying to get you to listen to Radiohead! However, this song is one of my favorites. Something about it is very teenage girl, and it’s been my most-played song for four weeks. I wonder what that says about me….

“Who Am I To Tell You” – Cornelia Murr

I was walking home one night – not entirely sober – and this song came on. It just felt like a perfect moment. I was walking home, and it was beautiful and lonely. It felt like one of the nights that I was so aware that I had grown up. I was in college, in my 20s, being an adult. The feelings of coming to terms with that only lasted until the song was done, so I kept it on a loop until I returned home.

“If You Don’t Want My Love” – Jalen Ngonda

Jalen Ngonda, you are a force of nature. It’s hard to believe that this song came out a few years ago and is not some hidden gem from the 70s. His voice is silky, soft, and soulful in a way where your whole body feels full of his music, from the ends of your fingers to your tippy toes.

“Wild Heart” – Stevie Nicks

Stevie Nicks has always been a powerhouse, but her real talent shows in her highly emotional songs. We all know Silver Springs and its impact on our society (if I could get one song tattooed on my whole body, it would be that one). However, Wild Heart is an underrated masterpiece. It is so raw and honest. “Don’t blame it on me; blame it on my wild heart.” There’s a part of the song at 5:27, where she sounds so heartbroken; it always tugs at my heartstrings. I love you, Stevie.

“Ventura Highway” – America, GEORGE MARTIN

This song makes me want to drive along the Pacific Coast Highway, reminiscing about a lover or two. It’s the perfect song when you feel a hint of a ray of sunshine. My favorite part is the guitar riff in the beginning. It’s so beautifully done and would be my dream song to play. This song is wistful, sad, happy, and nostalgic.

“Kerina” – Adrianna Lenker, Buck Meek

The other day, I was working at one of my favorite cafes, Bulldog News, and this song came on. It was the first time I had ever heard it. My name isn’t really popular, so I have never heard a song with it as its title. It felt like the universe was tucking me in and kissing my forehead good night. Maybe it’s just a coincidence, maybe it’s just a song.

But I like to believe that sometimes stuff is more than that.

That’s all for now! I hope you enjoy them, and they help you start this year with a sick soundtrack in the background! I LOVE music suggestions, so if you have any, message me on Instagram at @kareenaik. If you want more suggestions, follow my Spotify! https://open.spotify.com/user/31kin3axsq6xsdhxx4mldi3nt7fy

Kareena Desai Naik

Washington '26

Kareena is a film major, with a focus in screenwriting, at the University of Washington. Her favorite artist is Amy Winehouse and she is scared of ducks. Weird kid!