Trader Joe'S
Trader Joe'S
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon
Wellness

7 Trader Joe’s Snacks That Are Worth The Hype

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

As a snack connoisseur, I can safely say that Trader Joe’s is the “grocery store” heaven of snacks. From perfectly crafted cookies to everything-seasoned nuts, Trader Joe’s definitely has it all. Because every aisle is stocked with the best goodies it’s almost impossible to decide which snacks are worth buying. So, in honor of my favorite grocery store chain and five years of tasting almost every snack sold at Trader Joe’s, I’ve compiled a list of my favorites that deserve all the hype. 

Organic Cacio e Pepe Puffs

If you’re a fan of Pirate’s Booty (like me), these Cacio e Pepe Puffs remind me of their older, sophisticated cousin. The perfect combination of cracked black pepper along with the sharpness of cheddar and romano create a perfect snack for everyone. These puffs are light and airy, and so dangerously good that you might eat the whole bag in one sitting.

Unexpected Cheese Spread

I recently discovered this cheese spread a few months ago and can safely say it’s one of my favorite snacks from Trader Joe’s. Sure, the spread itself isn’t a snack, but when paired with crackers, bread, or a cheese board, the irresistible notes of aged cheddar cheese shine through. Because of its versatility, it can be added to sandwiches, mac ‘n cheese, and much more. 

Raisin Rosemary (or Fig and Olive) Crisps

These mini crisps resemble slices of bread slices and are so flavorful and crunchy. The sweet elements from the dried fruit pair nicely with the flax, sesame, and sunflower seeds in this cracker. I tend to eat these with the Unexpected Cheese Spread or right out of the box. 

Organic Garlic Naan Crackers

If you love garlic naan, these crackers are a must-have in your pantry. Each cracker is shaped like a bite-sized version of naan and is seasoned with garlic and sea salt, which makes it an incredibly delicious and light snack. You can pair these crackers with almost any dip, but I think the flavor is perfect enough for it to stand alone. 

Chili & Lime Flavored Rolled Corn Tortilla Chips

Yes, these are the TikTok famous Trader Joe’s version of Takis, and yes, I think these are better. These tangy, spicy chips are crunchy and thick and are naturally colored so they don’t turn your fingers red. They’re a great stand-alone snack but also can be enjoyed with guacamole for the additional flavor profile. 

Jerk-Style Plantain Chips

These Jerk-Style Plantain Chips are a step up from the original. Each chip is seared in a generous coating of jerk cooking-inspired spices such as garlic powder, coriander, and allspice, making it a great, savory treat for all. 

Mini Hold the Cone Ice Cream

Trader Joe’s Mini Hold the Cones are the perfect dessert or sweet treat. They’re small ice cream treats filled with a delightful chocolatey coating, which prevents the ice cream from leaking out. If you love ice cream, you’ll love these (and since they’re so small I consider them to be guilt-free). 

All these snacks make me feel some kind of way, but you definitely need to make the trip to Trader Joe’s to form your own opinions regarding the hundreds of snacks they have to offer. Happy snacking!

Trushaa Ramanan

Washington '25

Trushaa is currently a sophomore at the University of Washington studying Informatics. She enjoys designing, listening to music, binge watching Netflix shows, and redecorating. She aspires to work as a UX designer and make technology more accessible and impactful for everyone.