This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Christmas movie season basically begins the day after Thanksgiving, right? Even if winter vacation is still a few weeks away, take a study break and enjoy one of these festive films to get a little more in the holiday spirit. It may not snow in Seattle, but it’ll feel just like Christmas as you watch one of these movies. These moves may not be Christmas movies, but they capture the holiday spirit anyway.

1. Go!

Go! is a non-linear film composed of multiple perspectives. Set around Christmastime, it can lean towards chaotic as it deals with the interconnectedness of its many characters

2. Jingle All the Way

Jingle All the Way is a hilarious satire about the commercialization of Christmas. Watch Arnold Schwarzenegger as a stressed-out dad trying to find the perfect gift for his son.

3. Mixed Nuts

Absurd humor and an ensemble cast are the highlights of this film set in Christmastime. 

4. Rise of the Guardians

This animated movie is truly heartwarming as we follow Jack Frost and other Holiday guardians save children from nightmares by the villainous Pitch Black. 

5. Carol

Based on the novel The Price of Salt, Rooney Mara and Cate Blanchett star as a couple struggling to find their place in 1950s society. The opening scene set in the department store is absolutely beautiful and nostalgic.

6. In Bruges

The beautiful landscape of Belgium is what makes this movie so Christmas-y as we follow two hitmen on respite after one of them makes an unforgivable mistake. Snow, angelic statues, tiny villages. It’s a fairytale.

Mayumi is an undergraduate student at the University of Washington majoring in Political Science and Cinema and Media Studies, minoring in Informatics. She grew up in the Philippines and went to high school in Washington state. She is an advocate for socioeconomic equality, civil rights, and anti-imperialism. She likes sightseeing and listening to music, drinking tea, and over-analyzing movies. Contact her through mayumi.alino@yahoo.com