timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Moving to Seattle from Honolulu, I knew I would miss my family and friends, but there was also someone very special who I’d be leaving behind…the Sun! Here are five tips I live by when the gray clouds come our way, and can’t help themselves but to stay!

1. Invest in a Happy Light! It’s recommended to use your Happy Light for 10-20 minutes a day, so I use mine as a makeup mirror as well!

2. Take Vitamin D supplements! Add these to your daily routine along with a multivitamin to lower the chance of Vitamin D deficiency.

3. Keep busy! With darkness coming earlier in the evening, maybe set your morning alarm a little earlier! Starting my days earlier has made me feel more energetic and gives me more time in the day to get things done.

4. Get moving! Whether it’s a cardio session at the gym after lecture, or a drop-in class at Pure Barre or Corepower Yoga, you’re a workout away from an instant mood boost!

5. Embrace the change! Load up on the warm coffees and teas, play around with your fall fashion, and indulge in the coziness!

Alia Levi

Washington '21

I am a sophomore at the University of Washington. I was born and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii. I absolutely love living in Seattle and attending UW! When I'm not writing articles for HC, I am dancing, studying, or exploring (...or napping!).