5 Tips to Manage Gray Skies

Moving to Seattle from Honolulu, I knew I would miss my family and friends, but there was also someone very special who I’d be leaving behind…the Sun! Here are five tips I live by when the gray clouds come our way, and can’t help themselves but to stay!

1. Invest in a Happy Light! It’s recommended to use your Happy Light for 10-20 minutes a day, so I use mine as a makeup mirror as well!

2. Take Vitamin D supplements! Add these to your daily routine along with a multivitamin to lower the chance of Vitamin D deficiency.

3. Keep busy! With darkness coming earlier in the evening, maybe set your morning alarm a little earlier! Starting my days earlier has made me feel more energetic and gives me more time in the day to get things done.

4. Get moving! Whether it’s a cardio session at the gym after lecture, or a drop-in class at Pure Barre or Corepower Yoga, you’re a workout away from an instant mood boost!

5. Embrace the change! Load up on the warm coffees and teas, play around with your fall fashion, and indulge in the coziness!