This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

College life can be expensive. Why not take advantage of your student status and check out some of the best discounts offered by popular stores?

From retail to tech to restaurants, businesses recognize that students make up a large percentage of the consumer market. We have the power to spread word about a favorite purchase, designate a new off-campus hangout spot, or simply garner the large customer numbers that businesses rely on. Especially with the holiday season upon us, these discounts can be a major draw for college students looking to purchase gifts for friends, family, or themselves!

Remember that many stores will require proof of student status, so make sure to have your student ID available.

The North Face

Look across any part of campus and you’re sure to see students sporting The North Face backpacks and apparel. During the autumn and winter seasons, The North Face products are particularly helpful for those wanting to keep warm while staying on trend. If you’ve been searching for a winter coat, boots, or waterproof items for the cold weather, look no further.

By verifying your U.S. student status on their website or in-store with a student ID, you will receive 10% off any purchase! Plus, this discount is reusable once every 30 days.

Click here for more information.

Amazon Prime

The Seattle-based e-commerce platform Amazon.com offers students a free six-month membership to Amazon Prime Student, and a discount of half off the original price of Prime starting each month afterwards ($6.49/month). This membership gives students access to free one or two-day shipping, plus deals on college essentials and a wealth of other discounts from their partners, including:

• A free GrubHub+ Student membership
  • 1 free month of Course Hero study resources
  • 3 months free of the mediation and mindfulness app Calm, and then a discounted rate of $8.99
  • 2 months of Kindle Unlimited free
  • And so much more!

Click here for more information.

Champion

Some days, there’s nothing students love more than being comfortable. And can you blame us? Between classes, homework, extracurriculars and jobs, we have a lot going on — so comfort should be the least of our worries.

Sportswear brand Champion is famous for their loungewear, and college students everywhere can be seen wearing the classic logo pattern on a variety of hoodies and sweats. The good news: through the popular student discount programs Unidays and Student Beans, students have access to 20% off their orders!

Click here for more information.

Nike

The Nike brand is synonymous with on-trend footwear and apparel. Whether you’re a student athlete, active city-dweller, or simply a college kid invested in stylish comfort, Nike offers 10% off purchases by students online at Nike.com.

Simply sign up with SheerID to verify your student status, and you’ll receive a discount code! This code can be used once every month, so no need to fret about a one-time offer.

Click here for more information.

Microsoft Office 365

This pack of resources is an essential tool for any student! Scholars and teachers can sign up for a free Office 365 Education download, which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, and more!

All you need is your school ID address, which is already enabled for use on the platform by enrolled University of Washington students.

There are so many great student discount opportunities out there, the key is to remember to ask in-store or look up online if discounts are offered. Remember to keep your ID with you as much as possible, and most importantly keep your radar out for opportunities to save!

Happy shopping!

Sol Knapstad

Washington '23

Sol is a third year student studying Creative Writing and Law, Societies & Justice at the University of Washington. She is a published author of 5 years and loves reading, baking, hiking, and traveling in her free time.