Style > Beauty

The 5 Products You Need to Create Your “No Makeup” Makeup Look

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

The “no makeup” makeup look has been a popular beauty trend for years now. Today, we may refer to it as the “model off duty” or “I woke up like this” look, but either way the idea of trying without trying in our makeup routines seems to be something that isn’t going away anytime soon. So, if you haven’t embraced this trend yet and are ready to give some natural beauty vibes to the world, these products are your solution. They will not only ease you into this new beauty regime, but they will have you looking your most amazing-almost makeup-free self! 

1. Glossier’s Perfecting Skin Tint 

Let’s begin with skin, arguably the most important part of achieving a “no makeup-makeup” look. Dewy, fresh, and clean skin should be of the highest priority when doing this kind of makeup. We want to avoid cakey, foundation covered skin in this makeup look, which is why Glossier’s lightweight coverage tint foundation is a must-have. Safe for all skin types and easily blendable with fingers or brushes, this skin tint is a product that should undeniably be in your makeup bag. 

2. Anastasia Beverly Hills’ Brow Wiz 

No joke, this is the best brow pencil I have ever used to this day. I have repurchased this item an insane amount of times mainly because it’s so easy to use and it gives great brow definition. This product can kind ​of go both ways which makes it even better. Use it lightly if you want to achieve a natural look or create some dramatic brows with it-up to you! 

3. Benefit Cosmetics’ Roller Lash Curling and Lifting Mascara 

This mascara lengthens your lashes while lifting them but doesn’t clump or look over dramatic, which makes this product perfect for looking like you are barefaced. This mascara also lasts a really long time which is definitely an added bonus! 

4. Glossier’s Cloud Paint 

Yes, another Glossier product—they are just too good! This cream blush is pure magic, use a little bit (it goes a long way!) and dab it into the apples of cheeks. Depending on the color you get you can achieve different looks but I advise going lighter and more natural-that is what this product was made for. A little tip- dab some across the bridge of your nose for a freshly sun-kissed look. 

5. Fresh’s Sugar Lip Treatment 

These lip balms are straight from heaven- just like everything else the brand Fresh makes.  The Sugar balms are incredibly hydrating, have SPF 15, and come in a variety of lightly tinted shades that are made to look natural on the lips but add a little something extra.  

Avrelle Harrington

Washington '22

Hi! I'm Avrelle and I am a freshman at the University of Washington. I am currently studying Communications here at UW but I am interested in doing journalism. I love to write, travel, ski, do yoga, and run!