This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Finals week is right around the corner, which means we’ll be chugging Red Bulls and Starbucks cold brews for the next several days in order to get through our exams. But with the added stress, we’re setting our skin up for a whole bunch of trouble. However, we can’t exactly get rid of the stress until after finals week. So, to help your skin cope with the myriad of battles it might face, I’ve compiled a list of skincare products that will make you look and feel your best!

Disclaimer: I am not a dermatologist or esthetician, so I can’t guarantee that these products will work for you. Use at your own discretion.

Banila Co Clean It Zero 3-in-1 Cleansing Balm

If you haven’t already jumped on the double cleansing bandwagon, you should probably hop on it. While it’s tempting to swipe a makeup wipe across your face and call it a day, especially after a long night of studying, your skin won’t be properly cleansed without a double cleanse method. Add this baby into your routine by working a small amount of balm into your skin, making sure you focus on areas with sunscreen and makeup leftover from the day. Then, rise off and follow it with your usual water based cleanser.

Mighty Patch Duo

This combo of small and discreet patches for both day and nighttime use will clear up any pimples that may arise in no time! Besides delivering some hydrocolloid, the active ingredient that will calm your skin down, they also provide a barrier to protect your skin from bacteria. To use them, apply the sticky side to any pimples, ensuring you do so with clean hands and a clean face.

Clinique Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel

It’s a little pricey, but it’s the best spot treatment I’ve found. To use it, all you have to do is dab a little bit onto a pimple and sleep on it. In the morning, your acne should be significantly reduced! Note: The active ingredient in this is salicylic acid, which can be irritating for some. If you give this a try, make sure to do a patch test on your forearm prior to slapping this on your face.

CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

A dermatologist favorite, this cream will help smooth any stress-fueled scaly skin you have. Petrolatum helps seal in moisture, making it ideal for those with dry skin. Scoop up a small amount and massage it onto damp, clean skin. Your skin will be sooooo soft.

CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

The CeraVe Moisturizing Cream’s runnier sister is great for people with skin that leans on the oily side. It’s formulated without petrolatum, meaning it is less likely to cause problems for acne-prone skin while still keeping your skin’s moisture barrier happy and healthy. It only takes a little bit to get big results.

Hopefully, you now have the ammunition to combat any skin issues that may arrive over the next week or so. Go forth, skincare soldier, and take on all the stress of finals with confidence.

Lainey Merrill

Washington '24

Lainey is a freshman at the University of Washington, where she studies business. She enjoys music, baking, and drinking coffee.