5 New Year Resolutions You Should Actually Keep

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

It’s that time of year again, when friends start asking you, “what are your New Year’s resolutions?”. Well, first of all, let me try to find you my list of resolutions for this past year. I probably wrote down at least a page of ideas. However, by now, I honestly can’t even recall what half of those things even were… So if you’re like me, then instead of making a huge list this year, try these 5 simple resolutions! 

1) Workout

We’re not talking about hitting the gym for hours everyday (often when I do go, half of that time is spent searching for workout music…). Small changes are the easiest, so try apps such as 7 Minute Workout while waiting for your toast in the morning. If you’re not a morning person, fitting 7 minutes in right before you sleep works well too.

Photo via Workout Trends

2) Learn Meditation

Sometimes, the college life can get overwhelming. Try including a bit of meditation into your daily routine to feel less stressed. 

Photo via Rita Maher

3) Keep Your Workspace Organized

There has definitely been more than one time when I couldn’t find my notebook or charger under the pile of useless paper and random stuff on my dest. Try organizing office supplies and stationery with cute cubbies and jars. 

Photo via Pinterest

4) Start a Journal

Besides just cataloguing everyday events, journaling is a good resort for solving problems and staying focused with your goals.  

Photo via Pinterest

5) Get to Know Your Fellow Classmates

So, there’s only two weeks left in the quarter and you just realized that you still don’t know the names of some students who sit next to you in lecture… Don’t wait; now is the perfect time to introduce yourself! Try to meet classmates early this quarter and have study groups together. After all, tackling on a course with a few buddies should be more fun right?

Photo via Pinterest