5 Classy Ways to Spend Time on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

A girl should be two things: Classy and Fabulous– As Coco Chanel once said, being classic makes a person charming and attractive in a way. There are numbers of different options, but here’re the 5 classy ways to spend free time enjoyable in University of Washington.  

1. Explore the Henry Art Gallery

Free for students! The museum on campus provides an easy access to be exposed to the world of creativity. It covers different types of art with the exhibitions change every now and then. The simple and quiet atmosphere helps you relaxed and refreshed. My favorite is the marble shape room outside of the main building, James Turrell’s Skyspace: it is like being in a womb…very soothing.

via Destination 360-Henry Art Gallery

2. Read British Old Novels in the Harry Potter Room

The Harry Potter vibe…..When you want to travel time back to 100, 200 years ago or to bring the european air into your ordinary everyday life, read English books at the Suzzallo Reading Room. Thomas Hardy or Jane Austen would love to help you spend time more classy way!

via Pinterest

3. Hang out at the Burke Museum Cafe

The wooden sculptured wall……Different from the exterior and the main area of Burke Museum, the cafe inside has the taste of 18th century French pine panelling. Having conversations and maybe afternoon tea with your friends in person (already more enjoyable than staying on social media!) there would make your day brighter.

via Pinterest

4. Go to Formal Parties on Campus

Dance balls! Check out the special events held on campus, which expect you to dress up in a formal way such as…Yule Ball 2017. There’re quite a few balls or dance parties thrown by departments and RSOs: time to show off your beautiful classiness!

via Pinterest

5. Watch Old American Films

Your room, your bed, your laptop…no worries, there’s still a way to be classy while staying in your own comfy little space: without going out or dressing up. Enjoy the music or the colorful lines in the stories of old American movies. My recommendation would definitely be those with Audrey Hepburn or Grace Kelly.

via Pinterest

“Elegance is the only Beauty never fades.”- Audrey Hepburn