This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

1. Thaiger Room

Located near the base of the Ave, Thaiger room is an amazing place to hang out with friends and grab a bite! Their portions are huge, which means you can usually get away with getting two meals for the price of one!

Recommendations: Pad See Ew, Pad Thai, Crab Wontons 

2. Xi’An Noodles

Xian noodles is much further up the Ave, but their food is amazing and definitely worth the walk. Their noodles are hand-pulled, and everything is made fresh. While there is a crowd sometimes, the servers always do their best to find you a table quickly. 

Recommendations: Lamb noodles, Spicy oil noodles

3. Sweet Alchemy

Sweet Alchemy is the perfect spot for dessert and ice cream on the Ave. Right in the middle of the Ave, they offer a size smaller than small which is perfect for when you’re craving something sweet but don’t want to commit to an entire cone! I really enjoy their coffee flavor, and their berry ones are highly rated too. Some of their flavors are even made with ingredients straight from the UW farm! 

Kavya Iyer

Washington '22

Hi! I'm Kavya Iyer, and I'm a sophomore at the University of Washington in Seattle. I'm super interested in design, makeup, politics, art, and most of all F O O D.