3 Last Minute Ideas for a Post-Finals Weekend Getaway

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

Summer is almost upon us and if you’re anything like me, you can’t stop thinking about laying out in the sun with friends and some much needed R&R after finals. However, for those of you that have a case of the travel bug, you may feel the need to get out of town and blow off some steam after a long, hard school-year grind. Luckily I have some last minute ideas for you and your pals that will get you out and about in the greater Seattle area and beyond!

1. Goat Lake, Washington

This absolutely gorgeous all-day hike is the perfect day trip for you and friends or family. It is for hiker intermediate to advanced but as long as you are prepared with food, water, and boots, you should be good! The views from this hike are insane-perfect for filling the ~insta feed~. 

2. Leavenworth, Washington

This Bavarian-style tiny town is the perfect weekend getaway. With German restaurants lining the streets, Leavenworth is bound to impress you with its European charm! 

3. Portland, Oregon

For those of you looking to take a trip for a whole weekend, why not visit Seattle’s sister city? Whether you have a car available to you or plan to hop on the Amtrak or Bolt Bus, Portland is the move! Go and experience their food, scenery, hikes, and more. Portland is a great escape from the Seattle area but st​ill has a ton of city fun to offer. Don’t forget to snap a pic of the famous Voodoo Donut shop if you go! 

Avrelle Harrington

Washington '22

Hi! I'm Avrelle and I am a freshman at the University of Washington. I am currently studying Communications here at UW but I am interested in doing journalism. I love to write, travel, ski, do yoga, and run!