This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

As we’re approaching the end of the quarter, we’re spending more time stuck inside studying. And every study session needs a good playlist. Here are some of my of my favorite indie hits of the past month. I hope you enjoy them just as much as I do!

1. Harmony Hall  – Vampire Weekend

The newest song from indie band Vampire Weekend. The music video was released just last week and the song can already be considered a hit!

2. You’re Somebody Else  – flora cash

This song is the first single by duo flora cash. It came out last November and is already in indie playlists everywhere. I first heard it on a radio station in Canada, and over the course of three days I probably heard it over six times.

3. Kaleidoscope  – A Great Big World

I currently have this song on constant repeat, in the car, while studying, in the shower, and I love it. You probably know A Great Big World from their song “Say Something,” but trust me, “Kaleidoscope” should be their biggest hit.

4. It’s Not Living (If It’s Not With You)  – The 1975

This upbeat song is a stark contrast to other quieter songs by The 1975. It’s the perfect song to sing out loud to and to play at parties.

5. Real Love Baby  – Father John Misty

I had heard a lot in the past about Father John Misty, but never listened to any of his music. He used to play the drums for the band Fleet Foxes, and many of his solo songs are reminiscent of this. “Real Love Baby” is one of his most popular songs, but also one of my favorites of his.

6. Lost in Time and Space  – Lord Huron

Lord Huron is quickly becoming one of my new favorite bands, and songs like this are exactly why. Other awesome songs by them include “When the Night is Over,” “Ends of the Earth,” and of course the classic “The Night We Met.”

7. Little Boy  – Vance Joy

This song is about growing up and being scared of what’s to come in the future. If you just need to cry I highly recommend it.

8. Silhouettes  – Colony House

I had never heard of Colony House before, but “Silhouettes” came up on my Spotify Discover Weekly and I immediately loved it. 

9. All Will Be Well  – The Gabe Dixon Band

This song is featured in one of my favorite Parks and Rec episodes, (“End of the World”). Also the upbeat tones and message make it the perfect positive song to listen to.

10. More Than I Can Say  – Garrett and the Sheriffs

If you like The Head and The Heart you’ll love local Seattle area band Garrett and the Sheriffs. They’re a blend of folk, americana, and indie and this is one of my favorite songs of theirs!

"We need to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn't matter, but work is third." -Leslie Knope