This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

I’m a huge fan of music; you can pretty much always find me listening to music or humming a new song. Lately, I’ve been enjoying listening to a variety of artists in all genres of music (this may be why my favorite playlist of songs is 36 hours long). My list of favorite artists continues to grow, but here are 10 of my favorite artists and some of my favorite songs.

1. Conan Gray

I found out about Conan Gray’s music through Tik Tok (you might’ve heard his song “Maniac” as the audio for several tik toks). His music is a bit on the slow side, but I find it really calming to listen to his music. Some of my favorites include: “Fight or Flight,” “Maniac,” and “Comfort Crowd.”

2. Harry Styles

I’ve been a fan of Harry Styles for a while; I love every song on his album Fine Line. Songs like “Golden” and “Watermelon Sugar” give off spring/summer vibes, and I’m in love with the song “Adore You.” Some of my favorite songs include: “Adore You,” “Golden,” “Watermelon Sugar,” and “To Be So Lonely” (but I’d recommend all the songs in his album because they’re all amazing!).

3. Olivia O’Brien

I found out about Olivia O’Brien through her song “Love Myself”; one of my friends recommended this song, and I fell in love with her music. All her songs are raw and genuine, and her album Was it Even Real? is my absolute favorite. Some of my favorite songs include: “Love Myself” and “UDK.”

4. Madison Beer

I’ve been a fan of Madison Beer for a while as well (I wrote an article about her song “Dear Society”!) All her music is also very raw, heartfelt, and genuine, and she’s just an overall queen. She just released a new song called “Stained Glass,” and it’s one of my current favorites. Some of my all-time favorite songs include: “Stained Glass,” “Selfish,” and “Teenager in Love.”

5. Alec Benjamin

I found out about Alec Benjamin’s music recently; his song “Let Me Down Slowly” was on the radio for a while, but I started to really enjoy his music just a couple weeks ago. He has an album coming out soon called These Two Windows, and the songs on this album that he’s released are really heartfelt; he doesn’t hold back on the emotions that he’s feeling, and I really appreciate that in his music. Some of my favorite songs include: “Mind Is a Prison,” “Boy in the Bubble,” and “Gotta Be a Reason.”

6. Billie Eilish

Billie is one of my all-time favorite artists; I’ve been in love with her music since I first listened to her song “Ocean Eyes,” and I’ve been a fan of hers since about 2018. I love how genuine she is with the music she releases and the emotions she conveys, not to mention she’s an all-around queen; at only 18 years old, she has 5 grammy awards. Some of my favorite songs include: “You Should See Me in a Crown,” “All The Good Girls Go to Hell,” and “Idontwannabeyouanymore.”

7. Sabrina Carpenter

I’ve listened to Sabrina Carpenter’s music on and off since about middle school; listening to songs like “Eyes Wide Open” and “We’ll Be the Stars” make me pretty nostalgic. I recently rediscovered her music, and I’m really enjoying her albums Singular Act I and Singular Act II. Some of my favorite songs include: “Eyes Wide Open,” “We’ll Be the Stars,” “Honeymoon Fades,” “Almost Love,” “Sue Me,” and “Exhale.”

8. Why Don’t We

I found out about Why Don’t We through their song “8 Letters”; one of my friends recommended this song, and I fell in love with all their music. I love the soft pop vibes that the music brings; the songs are honestly really catchy. Some of my favorite songs include: “8 Letters,” “In Too Deep,” “What am I,” and “Trust Fund Baby.”

9. Shawn Mendes

I’ve been a fan of Shawn Mendes for a couple years now; his songs are really catchy, and he’s also a really genuine artist. I love all of his music, but his most recent album, Shawn Mendes, is probably my favorite. Some of my favorite songs include: “In My Blood,” “A Little Too Much,” “Lost in Japan,” and “Youth.”

10. Khalid

Khalid is also one of my all-time favorite artists; his music is pretty calming and gives off chill vibes. I always love listening to his music; it undeniably puts me in a good mood. Some of my favorite songs include: “8TEEN,” “Winter,” “Right Back,” and “Free Spirit.”

These 10 are some of my favorite artists at the moment, but I’m always looking for new artists and adding more songs to my playlist. Happy listening!

Vandhana Manoj

Washington '23

Vandhana is a freshman at the University of Washington studying Engineering. In her spare time, she enjoys writing for HerCampus, listening to music, and bullet journaling.