10 Albums That Will Relieve You of Your Quarantine Boredom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Washington chapter.

CAUTION: These albums are dangerously fantastic and you need to listen to them. If you’ve heard them already, listen to them all over again. You can trust me because I have absolutely no professional experience in critiquing music. You’re welcome in advance.

Escape by Journey

Want to throw it way back? No, not like that. I mean, an actual throwback to the music of the 1980’s. Now that we’re on the same page, give “Stone in Love,” “Still They Ride,” “Who’s Crying Now,” “Open Arms,” and “Mother, Father” a listen

Good Faith by Madeon

Picture this: it’s ten o’ clock at night. You don’t want to sleep yet, but you’re bored, which is a complex but typical emotion while in quarantine. Don’t worry, I have the remedy: take a drive (bonus points because you’re social distancing), roll the windows down, and blast “All My Friends,” “Miracle,” “Dream Dream Dream,” and “Be Fine.” And, no, you won’t regret it.

25 by Adele

Want to get in your feels? Like, really deep in your feels? Just hit shuffle. I believe the strongest tracks are “Sweetest Devotion,” “All I Ask,” “Remedy,” and “Love in the Dark.” Wait! Don’t forget the tissues.

When the Sun Goes Down by Kenny Chesney

Do you absolutely hate country music? This is the perfect album for you. I know you’re scared to admit that you like country, but after hearing “There Goes My Life,” “I Go Back,” “Old Blue Chair,” and “Keg in the Closet,” you’re going to feel less afraid.

The Foundation by Zac Brown Band

Welcome back! It’s been about an hour since you’ve listened to Kenny Chesney’s When the Sun Goes Down, maybe even two hours if you couldn’t help but listen to it twice. You have done so much training, and now it is time to take it to the big leagues. The Foundation begs you to jam to “Different Kind of Fine,” “Highway 20 Ride,” “Whatever It Is,” and “Where the Boat Leaves From.”

Daughtry by Daughtry

You’re in college, and you still have adolescent angst. Perfect! Me too. Here’s to “What About Now,” “All These Lives,” “Feels Like Tonight,” “Used To,” “Home,” and…well, at this point, just listen to the whole thing.

Divide by Ed Sheeran

You’ve heard the hits, but now it’s time to dive deep into this album (pun intended). I’m a huge fan of the more upbeat tracks, such as “New Man,” “What Do I Know?,” “Barcelona,” and “Bibia Be Ye Ye,” but if you really want to let out the quarantine depression and have a good cry, try “How Would You Feel” and “Hearts Don’t Break Around Here.”

1989 by Taylor Swift

“You Are In Love,” “Clean,” and “All You Had To Do Was Stay” will make you think again before hating on the queen of pop.

Zaz by Zaz

A jazz-pop fusion but, like, en français? Yes, please! The definition of the word beauty actually came from the songs “Je veux,” “Les passants,” “Port Coton,” “Dans ma rue,” and “Éblouie par la nuit.”

The Stranger by Billy Joel

Ladies, it doesn’t have to be middle-aged men that obsessively storm Billy Joel’s (the king himself) Spotify profile. Seriously, we’ve gotta bring this album back, and we must scream “Scenes from an Italian Restaurant,” “Just the Way You Are,” and “Vienna” from the rooftop of Kane Hall.

Lauren Hapgood

Washington '21

Lauren Hapgood is an English (Creative Writing) major at the University of Washington.