This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

In this curated guide, not only will you find gifts that your friends and family will love, but you’ll also be supporting amazing small businesses. If that wasn’t already good enough, almost all of these businesses donate a portion of their profits to great causes and are sustainable. Did someone say “obsessed”?! Read on to find gifts for everyone in your life.

For that Friend who Spends 20 Minutes in the Shower: Sustainabar

The mission of this company: eliminate unnecessary bottles. Shop honey-bee lotion, jojoba conditioner, almond shampoo, charcoal facial bars, and even lemon dish soap all in the form of beautiful handmade bars.

Founded by a mother-daughter team in California, I can literally imagine how wonderful these bars smell through the computer screen. With individual bars starting at only $5 dollars and portions of the bars donated to Dorothy Day House – an organization that offers free showers to unhoused people – these are the perfect Secret-Santa gifts or stocking stuffers.

For the Makeup Guru in your life: Cheekbone Beauty

This female, Native-American owned beauty company has all of the high-quality makeup your beauty-obsessed friends will love. What’s calling your name right now? Their “Gold Glitter Lip Gloss” – it looks like a bottle of liquid sunshine and shimmers, perfect for layering on top of their best-selling red lipstick this holiday season.

For the Friend who Makes Masks look Trendy: Lisa Says Gah

This company sells knit, solid-colored mask and scrunchie sets that are perfect for anyone looking to stay safe and fashionable at the same time. Best of all, with each purchase of a mask, they donate $1 to the San Francisco – Marin Food Bank, providing two meals to food-vulnerable people.

For the Coffee and Tea Lover: BLK and Bold

BLK and Bold sells Micro-Roasted Specialty Coffees and Loose-Leaf Specialty Teas with a percentage of proceeds that directly help at-risk youth. A black-owned business growing into a major coffee brand, they source their coffees sustainably from farmers in Ethiopia to El Salvador to Honduras. Also, their wide variety of tea flavors are beautifully packaged and have listed benefits: helping with digestion, inflammation, and anxiety. Order online or look for it at your local Target or Whole Foods.

For the Friend Looking to Ensure Shiny Locks even in the Winter: Briogeo

I can personally attest that this amazing, black-owned, natural ingredient hair-care brand has products that literally re-vitalize dry, heat-damaged hair. My personal favorite is the Be Gentle, Be Kind Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Mask. It smells like heaven in a bottle.

For the Friend with a 32-step Skincare Routine: Soko Glam

No more complicated routines necessary – this skin-care brand has pre-curated 5 & 10-step Korean Skin Care packages for all varieties of skin types. This gorgeous brand is perfect for that friend who always talks about her skin-care routine. With Coconut Oil Cleansing Pads to Plant-Based Face Creams, anyone who receives this gift will probably shed a tear at how wonderfully luxurious their life just became.

For the Bookworm in your Life: Cafe con Libros

It’s critical to support bookstores as they struggle to compete with digital and big-name companies. Cafe con Libros is an intersectional feminist bookstore and coffee shop in Brooklyn that you can order from anywhere in the country or purchase a gift certificate from. Each month, they choose their top-recommended book for each age-group, mostly books that celebrate the amazing females in the world!

For the Friend who always makes you feel how Soft their Hands are: Oye Green

Another mother-daughter duo, Oye Green brings you all-natural silky body butters in a jar. Oye’s Shea Butter is sourced organically from Nigeria’s finest Shea Nuts – in addition to having almond oil, jojoba oil, castor oil and more. It brings hydration and health benefits to your skin. Their shea butter is by far the most moisturizing product I’ve tried, and your friends and family will love it too!

For the Friend who Still Does Chloe Ting Workouts: Girlfriend Collective

This inclusive, female-owned brand makes the cutest athleisure gear, from leggings to fuzzy pullovers, out of post-consumer plastic bottles and fair-trade, recycled fabrics. With affordable and adorable sports-wear sets, there’s no way you can go wrong by giving this as a gift to anyone in your life.

As you can see, there are so many ways to find small businesses to support this holiday season. You are guaranteed to find meaningful, high-quality gifts for anyone in your life! I hope you enjoy shopping at these wonderful brands for your friends – and hey, while you’re at it, treat yourself to a gift as well!

Hi! I'm Carly :) I'm a sophomore at Washington University in St. Louis studying marketing and finance. When I'm not in class, you can find me dancing, watching Netflix, baking, and spending time with friends and family.
We are WashU's Her Campus site designed for collegiettes here on campus.