This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Ted Drewes is my favorite “ice cream” place in St. Louis, by far. Not only is the frozen custard amazing, it’s such a fun atmosphere when it’s warm outside.

Before we get into the flavors, let’s discuss the sizes. The sizes are micro, mini, regular, and large. If it’s your first time, you’d probably assume to get a regular, but the regulars are actually huge. I think the perfect size is a mini, but if I’m really full I’ll opt for the micro. Nevertheless, you can never have too much Ted Drewes, so no size is too big :)

Every time I go, I get overwhelmed by the “flavors” and the specials. However, I’ve slowly learned the ropes.

First, get a concrete for a more classic Ted Drewes experience (most people get this). There are only two flavors: chocolate and vanilla, but the toppings are where it gets fun.

I used to only get the S’mores because it’s on the menu and never disappoints. But, making your own can actually be more fun! Last time I went I got a vanilla concrete with Oreos, cookie dough, and graham crackers and it was seriously the best thing ever. My friends also love the brownie topping and the chocolate custard. (Definitely try it out if you’re a chocolate person.)

Don’t forget to go before it gets too cold!

Majors in Marketing and Entrepreneurship
We are WashU's Her Campus site designed for collegiettes here on campus.