This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

It’s approaching, people. WILD, one of the biggest highlights of the semester, is this Friday, and if you love getting up at 8 am for some eggs (and another rhyming substance, if you catch my drift), then you must be freaking out about what to wear. But don’t worry, the weather is supposed to be beautiful on Friday, and you can have the perfect outfit to match. Here are some ideas for the perfect WILD get-up. All of the choices below are available in stores near us in St. Louis, so finding your outfit should be doable.

WILD forecast: a high of 81 and a 0% of rain!

Don’t let the high number fool you: it does get colder at night, so be sure to wear layers during the day, as HerCampus has previously recommended.

The Hipster’s Outfit:

For the girls who always naturally look like you don’t care, just rolled out of bed, but are still incredibly fashionable, here are some ideas. However, I don’t really need to tell you what your options are because you will always find creative and awesome ways to take contemporary styles and make them your own.

·      Converses – have to be broken in and semi-destroyed, duh. If they aren’t dirty and derelict, you aren’t a real hipster. Get outta here.

·      Flowercrowns – for those of you who aspire to be like Lana del Ray, this accessory makes you look pretty BA despite its girly connotations. A simple headband is a happy medium between “whoa she must’ve gone to Coachella,” and “Ok, wow, she looks cool”. The key is simplicity. 

Urban, $24

Urban, $14

·      Jean shorts – they have to have the proper amount of “rip-age”, aka strategically placed holes and cuts, or you might as well not even try. 

Asos $40

·      Graphic tee – has to be as loud and obnoxious as possible. Concert tees are preferable, but huge text plastered on your torso works too. 

Urban, $24

Nasty Gal, $58

·      Plaid shirt – we are going for a ‘90s vibe here. Tie it around your waist during the day, and put it on when it gets colder at night. I think that Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen owned this exact shirt while filming in their 1998 box-office hit, Billboard Dad. 

Urban, $39

The Not-So-Hipster Outfit:

For the girls that want to look effortless chic but equally as comfortable without trying too hard to dressing like a hipster, this one’s for you.

·      Booties – trust me, your feet are going to get dirty and stepped on by aggressive freshmen whose favorite artist is Karmin. Be stylishly prepared. 

Lulus, $38

·      Trapeze dresses – they’re flowy, simple, stylish, and practical. Be sure to wear something underneath or not-too skimpy underwear, or else you’ll be a more popular show than Chance the Rapper. 

Brandy Mellville $32

·      Army jacket – this is the one article of clothing that everyone should have. You can easily transform a boring and lackluster outfit with just a green army jacket. Going for some extra edge? Try one that has leather accents or awesome embellishments. 

Nasty Gal, $68.60 ON SALE NOW

·      Cross body bag – no one wants to be lugging around a huge tote from the 40 (Walk in Chow Down), to Kingsbury (see you there), to the actual event in Brookings Quad (if you make it). A stylish solution is to wear a small, functional cross body bag that won’t get in the way of you, uh, eating your eggs. 

Nordstrom BP, $48

Nordstrom BP, $28

This metallic bag is the perfect accessory to update any outfit on any occasion.

What to Bring to WILD:

In your stylish cross body bag, as mentioned above, here are some essentials to make sure that you have a successful, safe, and beautiful WILD.

1.     Gum. Trust me, you’ll need it between all of the food and all of the liquids you will be consuming. Bring a whole pack because you know your friends will forget their own and will be begging for you to share.

2.     Hairspray. Hey, you never know with this St. Louis weather. One minute it can be sunny and hot, and the next humid and stormy. If you have fine, stubborn, and downright rude baby hairs that never want to lay flat on your head (clearly I’m a little salty about this subject—everyday I have a war with my baby hairs), small bottles of hairspray and John Frieda’s Frizz-Ease gel wand is portable and will save you from a bad hair day. Another solution is to wear an awesome hat, and at WILD, basically anything goes, so why not wear a flat brim or a beanie with the words DOPE on the front. JK, don’t wear those because I think I’m going to, and we don’t want to be matching.

3.     Oil Blotters. You are bound to appear in upwards of 50 pictures from the event, and the last thing you want to be is shiny. Oil Blotter papers are an inexpensive way to look your best. Be sure to stop by Walgreens before the event and pick up a couple of packs. Their slim shape allows you to stow them in your jean pockets or purse.

4.     Lip balm. You always need this one, no matter the occasion.

5.     Your FULLY CHARGED PHONE. There is nothing more frustrating than when you can’t find your friends and you are lost in a mosh-pit of freshman who are dancing more aggressively than you think should be allowed. For your own sanity, and for your own safety, please make sure your phone is COMPLETELY charged. Plus, you will want it to be functioning to take lots of pictures.

6.     Powder foundation. If you are really a diva and absolutely must bring makeup with you, the most versatile product, I think, is powder foundation. I prefer Laura Mercier’s because it provides coverage and decreases shine. It also comes with a sponge, mirror, and is compact so it will fit in almost any bag.

Stay safe and stylish at WILD WashU!