This Week’s Full Moon in Scorpio: What Can it Mean for You?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Within this past week, my intrigue into the world of astrology has increased markedly. Perhaps that is because my FYP on TikTok has been giving me more astrology content, or it was in anticipation of the Supermoon that took place Monday, April 26th. A Supermoon is a new or full moon that appears larger than a typical full moon due to its proximity to the earth–specifically at perigee: the point in the orbit of the moon that is closest to the earth. They are estimated to occur three times in 2021. This Supermoon in particular caught my attention when I realized it was a full moon in Scorpio. As a Scorpio sun myself, I thought when is there a better time to explore my Scorpio identity than on April 26th, the full moon in Scorpio. 

As this is all new to me, I am still unsure how much to “believe” in it all, or how much I align with my moon, sun and rising signs. Regardless, I wanted that night to mean something. So on April 26th at 10:30 PM, I sat outside with my friends under the beautiful, beaming moon. We each brought a notebook and wrote down our manifestations, hopes, wishes, etc that we have for ourselves. A moment of written reflection, lit by moonlight. Our friend guided us in a meditation as we enjoyed the warmth of the night–something we had not felt for seasons. Later that night, my roommate and I each placed a glass of ‘moon water’ (ie. a glass of water) on top of our notebooks right next to our open window where we left them overnight; the idea being that the water would soak up the energy from the moon and from our notebooks (with our written reflections). In the morning I washed my hands in my moon water. 

Engaging with astrology, at the very least, provided me with a spiritual, grounding, and intensely relaxing evening.That is what the full moon in Scorpio meant for me. I connected deeply with myself, my friends, and nature in a way that does not happen without intentionality. Whether to “believe” in it all is not my primary concern. On April 26th, engaging with my astrology, and perhaps believing it in some ways, served me positively and opened up a new world of spirituality and connection for me. 

Anna is currently a sophomore at Washington University in St. Louis. She majors in Anthropology on the Global Health and Environment track, and minors in Writing.
breakfast & poetry enthusiast