This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

I’ve always had a mildly complicated relationship with my hair. Growing up, it was pin-straight and perfectly glossy and golden. As I matured, my hair started to change as well. Gone were the days of thin glossiness, replaced by stiff and frizzy hair that was untamable and full of unruly waves that came in unpredictable patterns. With that came unmanageable grease and lots of frustration.

In my sophomore year of high school, I straightened my hair every single day. I killed my hair with heat to make it look more controlled. The ends were gone and completely dead until I went for a haircut, where I lost 5 inches of pure scraps. As my time dwindled junior year, I began just throwing my hair into easy ponytails, not learning how to style at all.

As senior year began, I felt pressure to try and find a way to work with it. I tried dozens of products, none of which gave the impact that I hoped for. I tried curl serums, straightening serums, anti-frizz creams, mouses, and all the gentle heat products with no return. I dried my hair with t-shirts, bought (admittedly cheap) silk pillowcases, and tried all the TikTok sock curl trends. It was still frizzy and unmanageable.

Then, I was given a graduation present that consisted of a towel: not just any towel, the self-proclaimed “magic towel.” I was pessimistic about the true powers of these towels; nothing had worked before, why would this be the thing that did it for me?

I was wrong. This towel is magic. The AQUIS towel is truly a miracle worker. My thick hair dries up quickly when I use it; I unwrap it after five minutes, and the ends are already dry. There is such a reduction in the frizz level as well, meaning that I don’t have to use nearly as much heat on my hair. It dries up quickly and can be transported anywhere. And, best of all, it brought back part of my natural wave and curl pattern. I will no longer be going anywhere without this towel.

This towel is amazing. It helped to bring life back into my hair, and when I recommended it to my friends, it did the same thing for them. They all swear by this towel and use it daily. It helped restore my confidence in my natural hair and stopped me from trying to cover it up. I recommend it to everyone I can. Oh, and the best part? It’s on Amazon :)

We are WashU's Her Campus site designed for collegiettes here on campus.