Thoughts Miami Girls Have When It Snows

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Over this past week, St. Louis experienced its first major snowfall, and WashU kids were here for it!! The swamp was filled with snowball fights, snowman-building, and even some guy on a hammock. For many students from the Northeast and parts of the Midwest, this is nothing new, as they see snow every fall or winter. However, for those of us from the South (#Miami #305) seeing actual snow on the ground and playing in it has been the highlight of our semester. Below, I have listed a few of the many thoughts and emotions that people, like myself, experienced this week.

When the snow began to fall: “OMG, is this what I think it is? Is this what snow looks like? Alexa, play ‘Mistletoe’ by Justin Bieber.”

When the snow piled up: “Ok, I’m about to jump in it and make snow angels and snowmen all day long, this is so fun.”

When WashU didn’t cancel classes: “Lol, I thought this would be a snow day? Ugh, just want to go sledding on Art Hill and forget that I have responsibilities.”

When it was actually really cold outside: “Time for a movie/hot cocoa night with lots and lots of blankets and an ‘All I Want for Christmas is You’ jam sesh.”

Finally, when the snow started to melt: “No no no please come back, I’m living for this season! It gives me excuses to watch Christmas movies in November…”

Enjoy the snow, everyone!

By Sofia Aguilar

WashU Class of 2022; Potential Psychology and Brain Sciences Major and International Business Minor
Wash U class of 2021; Majoring in Psychological and Brain Sciences with minors in Art History and Communication Design.