Taylor Cohen 2020

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Taylor Cohen is a freshman from Pittsburg on the varsity soccer team. Taylor can often be found snacking on goldfish in Bauer or hanging out with her roommate and teammate Sam Elster. One of Taylor’s favorite things about the team is her close bonds with her teammates and coaches. This bond has been built on and off the field. Their coach has been known to call the girls over and about “belief, trust, and accountability”. Taylor got to experience her coach’s words come to life when she and her team won the division 3 women’s soccer championship this past weekend in Virginia. Taylor, the team forward, scored during the championship- a moment she has dreamed about since she was four years. Taylor believes “champions are those who believe in their teammates, trust each other and the coaching staff, and hold eachother accountable to get better.” The girls were pushed to their limits as they played the best teams in the country. With everyone’s emotions running high, teamwork is often tested. But each girl wants the same thing- to win, eliminating any temporary and minor setbacks to pursue this common goal. As the soccer team begins their off season, there is no doubt in Taylor mind that their friendships will grow stronger as they have more time to bond off the field. Taylor and her teammates have worked so hard and have sacrificed so whether it be school work, sleep,or even at times sanity. However these girls would not trade anything for their teammates. Taylor revealed that in the moment, when they rushed onto the field after the final buzzer, with their teammates, coaches, and family members laughing,crying, and hugging” she would not have wanted to have shared this intimate moment with anyone else. Taylor said “ not only having such amazing bonds with these girls but also getting the opportunity to share the highest honor in college soccer with them is more than I can ever ask for.  

Lizzie is a sophomore, majoring in Film and Poli Sci at Wash U. She loves sloths, pizza, Tina Fey, and pizza!