This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

It’s almost that wonderful time of year again…sweater season!!! Sweaters are the perfect go-to tops when the time comes to brace the cold and go out on weekend nights or walk to classes. Although all sweaters are adorable and let’s not forget comfortable, different colors are meant for different situations and outings. White, beige, pink and grey all scream daytime. These colors would all look adorable with a pair of jeans or black leggings, some cute boots, and a vest if you’re feeling like making a statement when going to class or shopping at the mall. On the other side of the spectrum are navy blue, black, and maroon. These colors can work for the day or night but a cute black crop sweater will never fail on the weekends. Here are some examples of cute sweaters and where to wear them.

Helmut Lang

$265.00 (can be bought at Cusp)

This metallic black asymmetrical sweater is the perfect show stopper for a night out on the town. With this sweater, I would wear black jeans and tall black boots in order to keep the outfit looking sleek and clean.

Free People (can be bought at Cusp)

$128.00

You are going to need a coat with this sweater, but it is the perfect pick when you are trying to impress a certain someone in one of your classes. The length of this sweater makes it the perfect match with black leggings and some black or dark brown boots.

Soft Joie

$88.00 (can be bought at Cusp)

This sweater can be worn during the day and to go out at night as well. The darkness and sheerness of the sweater makes it perfect for nighttime, while the three quarter sleeves makes it daytime friendly as well (just be sure to wear a black bandeau or tank underneath)!

Urban Outfitters

$49.00

Ahh, finally my favorite type of sweater of all, the black crop top. This sweater will work perfectly with a pair of jeans and boots or some heels. Wear this out at a party or wherever your weekend nights may take you for a guaranteed great outfit and some wonderful compliments.