This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Spring Break is almost here! Everyone is ready to relax, kick back, and…do anything other than studying. For anyone like me, that means catching up on the movies I’ve been ignoring while huddled in my room studying for midterms. I’ve compiled a list of movies recently released or that will be released over break. Happy watching!

Released February 13

• Happy Death Day 2U: A sequel to Happy Death Day, this horror film also has science-fiction elements. With a Babyfaced murderer and alternate dimensions, it’s sure to entertain everyone looking for a thrill. I’m not really into horror films, but Josh Sandersen from To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is in it!
  • Isn’t It Romantic: Rebel Wilson, Liam Hemsworth, and Priyanka Chopra star in this romantic comedy that makes fun of itself! If you’re looking for something more light-hearted then Happy Death Day 2U, but you aren’t always a fan of sickly sweet rom-coms, this film is for you. Wilson’s character calls out all of the unrealistic lies often told in the films trying to capture happily ever after. Sounds romantic, doesn’t it?

Released February 14

• Alita: Battle Angel: This cyberpunk film by James Cameron, director of Avatar, is based on a Japanese manga series. With praised visual effects, it tells the story of Alita, a cyborg with no memory, who fights in Motorball, a race where her kind fight to the death. It’s sure to be action-packed!
  • Fighting with my Family: Based on the true story of professional wrestler Paige, this film, produced by and co-starring Dwayne Johnson, tells the story of Paige and her brother Zak trying to make it as professional wrestlers. It should please fans of sports, comedy, and drama genres.

Released Friday, March 1

• Greta: Starring Chloe Grace Moretz and Isabelle Huppert, this psychological thriller is perfect for those who like the disturbing and creepy. Moretz’s character begins a friendship with a widowed woman, which takes a frightening turn as she learns more about her new friend Greta.
  • A Madea Family Funeral: In contrast to Greta, this comedy film starring Tyler Perry as Madea, is the eleventh and final film in the series. This time, we see Madea attending a funeral in Georgia, which is sure to be a hilarious (and somber?) occasion.

Released Friday, March 8

• Captain Marvel: Marvel’s first female-led film, starring Brie Larson, follows Carol Danvers, a former U.S. Air Force fighter pilot. She turns into a galactic superhero, defending earth from two alien worlds. Oh, and they made Samuel L. Jackson look younger.

Released Friday, March 15

• Five Feet Apart: This romantic drama starring Cole Sprouse and Haley Lu Richardson tells the story of two cystic fibrosis patients who want to pursue a romantic relationship, but they must stay six feet apart or else they could catch each other’s bacteria. So they decide to break the rules…and stand one foot closer. It’s probably cute–Cody Martin is in it!
Brianna Hines is a junior at Washington University in St. Louis, majoring in English with a concentration in Creative Writing and minoring in Marketing.
Wash U class of 2021; Majoring in Psychological and Brain Sciences with minors in Art History and Communication Design.