Sean Stanley 2013

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Campus Cutie Sean Stanley has abs like Taylor Lautner (just check out his Facebook) and a mischievous smile àla Justin Timberlake. He has only gotten Wash U Wok once in his college career, because the portions are too darn small. Sean may be afraid of spiders, but he isn’t a scaredy-cat – just ask him about his criminal record. And if you want to capture the heart of this Campus Cutie from WIN-etka, as he likes to call it, then steer clear of country music and try to chew with your mouth closed.

Hometown? Winnetka, IL
Studying? Major in Finance, minor in accounting
Activities on campus? OSMO, the Olin Sports Management Organization. I also played Varsity Basketball for two years.
Any pets? None, except for the spider in my room. I used to have a dog when I was 10, but we gave it away because it was too vicious. It used to attack my grandma. It was a nice innocent yellow lab and it was so cute in the beginning, but then it turned into the devil.
What is your biggest pet peeve? When people chew really loudly.
Favorite part of Thanksgiving? Seeing family and friends.
Are your abs real? Nope,I got implants. They’re fake.
What would I find in your refrigerator right now? Pumpkin pie and three bananas that are completely black. I don’t know how to cook anything other than cereal and peanut butter and jelly – which I eat daily, right before bed.
If you were a character from a movie, who would it be? I’d be Jason Bourne from the Bourne Ultimatum.
What would you title your autobiography? “I Do It For Madden,” like the video game.
What superpower would you like? I would love to be able to see what other people are thinking.
If you won the lottery, how would you spend the money? I’d buy my own island and then lifetime tickets to Avicii concerts.
What kind of people do you dislike? B-school all stars.
What is your type? Athletic figure, good sense of humor; I have no preference with hair color.
What was your last job? I worked at MF Global this past summer, but they just went bankrupt. It was the eighth largest bankruptcy in US history.
What is your favorite sandwich? The Steak & Shake Frisco Melt. It’s like a patty melt with special sauce.
What makes you nervous? The spider that lives in my room.
What is the heaviest thing you can lift with one hand? My suitemate, Stirling. I have done it before – he weighs 165 pounds.
What is your guilty pleasure? Custard filled donuts.
Do you read any publications religiously? ESPN, the Wall Street Journal to keep up with the B-school all stars. I can’t fall behind, seriously.  
What do you want to do this summer? I’m not sure yet. I’m looking to get another internship, this time hopefully with a non-bankrupt firm. And as soon as I have a bit of time, I want to hit up Las Vegas.
Have you ever been in trouble with the law? Kind of.  I got a speeding ticket driving to school this fall. I was speeding through a construction zone. And then when I was in sixth grade, my friends and I egged our school and we got in some pretty big trouble. We had to ride in the back of a cop car and we had to clean the school for two days over the weekend.
Are you a goody two-shoes? No. People think I am, but I’m not.
What job would you be least likely to hold? I would hate to be a vegetable taster, or something with country music. 

Rosa Heyman is a senior at Washington University in St. Louis studying Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies and Writing. She has worked as an editorial intern at Black Book Magazine in NYC and St. Louis Magazine, and for the web editor at Redbook Magazine in NYC. A Rhode Island native, Rosa likes reading, writing, Kate Moss, The New York Times' Modern Love columns, Paolo Pellegrin photography, and roller coasters.