Sean Clark 2019

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Nickname?

Seany, or some people call me McLean (my middle name).

Hometown?

Westport, CT

Major?

Maybe Econ? However, my real dream is to be an astronaut, so it’s undecided right now.

Minor?

Probably marketing.

On Campus Involvement?

I’m a pitcher on the varsity baseball team, on the steering committee for Relay for Life, and I’m also in Sigma Chi.

What’s your favorite part of each of those activities/why do you do them? Let’s start with baseball:

I’ve played baseball my entire life and being on a baseball team couldn’t be more fun. I love all the guys so much and there’s nothing else like really tough competition and getting to play with your best friends.

Relay:

I relay because in 2007 my mom passed away from breast cancer. This makes me really passionate about it, and I would say my favorite part is knowing that through my involvement I’m helping fund research and treatment for cancer patients which could save lives. That really means a lot to me, knowing that I could potentially help stop another kid from losing their mom too.

Sigma Chi:

It’s great to have a brotherhood on campus, a place where I can be surrounded by 60 of my closest friends and always have a strong support system for academics, or for dealing with hard times, while also having a pretty good time for the most part!

How can other people help out/get involved in Relay?

Everyone can get involved in relay by going to relay.wustl.edu and registering for the event this Saturday! Its $10 and you get to eat free food (insomnia cookies, Chick-fil-A, and way more). Plus, there’s going to be a hypnotist, a zumba instructor, and more. There will also be a lot of ceremonies and it’s a great way to celebrate, fight back, and remember those affected by cancer, while being surrounded by all of your close friends. It’s also the second most attended event on campus, behind WILD!

Washington University class of 2019/Arts and Sciences, undeclared.
Lizzie is a sophomore, majoring in Film and Poli Sci at Wash U. She loves sloths, pizza, Tina Fey, and pizza!