Score Your Dream Summer Internship

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Wash U chapter.

Now that second semester has begun, everyone’s thoughts are already turning towards the summer. But wait, isn’t May so far away?! Well, HC Readers, it’s never too early to start planning your summer, and now is the time to get cracking before your workload piles up!

1. Work those connections

Have a friend who had a cool internship last summer or a family friend with major connections in an industry you’re interested in? Don’t be shy! Ask any connections you may have if they know of any opportunities or people that they can put you in contact with. You might as well try!

2. Browse Craigslist

You never know what you might find online! Craigslist has tons of listings for almost everything you could possibly think of, so you will almost certainly find something that at least intrigues you.

3. Keep your eyes peeled

Be extra vigilant about posters around school, posts on your favorite blogs, and emails from the Career Center. The perfect opportunity may just catch your eye one day, so don’t let that slip through your fingers!

4. If all else fails, try the Career Center

Personally, I am not the biggest fan of the Career Center; they always clog up my email and claim that they can help me figure out my life when that is probably not true. However, if you are seriously worried about your summer, make an appointment with the Center. It can’t hurt to see if it’s possible for them to land you your dream internship!

Good luck in your search!

Images courtesy of RoneHotSpot and Fisher